Kelsey

To all you Wheel Horse owners!

Kelsey

Greetings from the beautiful Finger Lakes Region in New York State. Through the years I've read and been educated, 
enjoyed the visual builds, and fondly looked at all the tractors this site has produced. I finally joined this community of Wheel
Horse tractor enthusiasts because it was time to do so. In 1986, I brought a used 1974 C-100 tractor from a local WH
dealer. When he was alive he told me the important thing to do was change the oil and grease the tractor. This gentleman
passed away a few years ago and I can remember some of his conversations about this tractor. Another thing he
told me was to never use a water hose to wash the tractor down but always use air pressure to blow it off. The only time
I used water was to wash underneath the mower deck. But when I did I always remembered  what he said. His company
tag is fading away on the seat pan. This tractor isn't much to look but she mows a heck of a yard.
  My father-in-law passed away 3 years ago and I asked my mother-in-law if I could have his 1967 607 WH and she gave
the tractor to me. He bought this brand new from the dealer I mentioned above in 1967.The tractor sat at least
5 years under a tarp before I took ownership of it. I changed the plug, points, condenser, oil and rebuild the carburetor. I found a dead mouse in the cooling fins,
man did that thing stink. She slowly came to life and with every improvement I would say,"How I'm doing Fred?" and in my mind I picture him grinning.
My wife enjoyed these comments because she's  my second in command or my gopher. Somewhere along the line, the engine
was replaced with a 8hp Tecumseh engine.
I just wanted to share a little personal history about these two Wheel Horses with other people who find a small bit of enjoyment
that these machines bring into our daily lives.
Kelsey

• Like 8

AMC RULES
:WRS:  :handgestures-thumbupright:   :wwp:

Sparky

Well written intro!
WELCOME!
Mike........

953 nut
:WRS:   Always glad to see a horse handed down to another generation.   :text-welcomeconfetti:

buckrancher

welcome to :rs: from a fellow central new yorker

Brian

Lane Ranger

Thanks for sharing this information/story Kelsey!  Great to hear why people love their Wheel Horse tractors!

Navig8r

Welcome!

WNYPCRepair

Howdy

squonk

Welcome Kelsey! Where in the Fingerlakes? I'm right in the middle of it! :text-welcomewave:

Racinbob

What a cool introduction Kelsey. :WRS:

muz123

Welcome!!

can whlvr
:WRS: