WH212-6

35-36RL01 Deck restoration

WH212-6

I took off the deck of my 212-6 (32-12K601) that I acquired over the weekend and I do not believe it has been serviced in a long long time.  After scraping off the grass and dirt cement like crust that had formed it began to look much better.

Structurally it is solid but I am concerned about some hairline cracks and surface rust towards to front of the deck.  I would like to know what would be the best way to make the deck as structurally sound as possibly.  Here are some pictures:

R3ZgJeS.jpg

ZKF9YhS.jpg

WFL1ije.jpg

jsSa3Ya.jpg

LGCZ2UD.jpg

oF2hIkZ.jpg

0RUzAha.jpg

lSiOPY5.jpg

TATetet.jpg

Would a JB weld like product like steelstik do a good enough job?  I am going to sand the underneath to bare steel and repaint but I want the deck to last.  

Thanks for any help in this project.

• Like 1

muz123

Looks to be in good condition, maybe bring it to your local welder to fix the few cracks. Then sand blast it then re-paint it. There is only a few cracks so it should be an easy fix.

Thanks, Dave

Edited by muz123

WH212-6

Looks to be in good condition, maybe bring it to your local welder to fix the few cracks. Then sand blast it then re-paint it. There is only a few cracks so it should be an easy fix.

Thanks, Dave

​Ok will do.  My father in law said he would weld it up for me.  Will post after pics once complete.  Thanks

Edited by WH212-6

RedRanger

No JB for that.  Like said, weld and sand blast.

muz123

Hows the resto going?