Sign in to follow this  
rexman72

ran out of gas

rexman72

with my tractorand now it stalls on high throttle.There was  a lot of crap in the filter so I replaced the filter.I also took the hose of the gas valve to see if there was junk in that and the gas flows like crazy.I also took the carb apart and cleaned it.It runs all day on low throttle so does anyone have anymore ideas.I haven't replaced the hoses.

rmaynard

You didn't mention what tractor or what engine, but here are some possible problems that occur in Kohlers:
Fuel hose collapsing;
Fuel pump weak;
Float valve improperly adjusted;
Main needle valve clogged;
Gas cap vent clogged.

rexman72

hey bob thanks again with my pto a fewweeks ago.My tractor is a 31-17ke02 1986 417A.
I checked the fuel lines throughout the tractor and didn't see anything.I loosened up the gas cap and tried to run it on high also.I took the carb  apart and cleaned it.Like I said it runs on low all day long but once I go to high after a few minutes is stalls.

squonk

When you took the carb apart did you remove that main needle from the carb and clean it as well as the carb body passages?

skrusins

With today's gas and hot weather the gas is vaporizing. My solution to this problem is an electric fuel pump
with a off and on switch. When it wants to stall turn on the switch it works every time for me.

• Like 2

rexman72

I did remove the main needle and cleaned the main passages.When I look at the fuel filter there is a trickle of gas that is going through it.I have always had more gas running through it.

boovuc

Make sure the filter is on the proper way. Look for the arrow on the filter for the fuel flow direction.

Jake Kuhn

I have had a couple engines that would only idle and I could not make rev up which ended up being the points needed gapped again, might be another thing worth checking.

dennist

I'm with Bob.....possible fuel pump