Sign in to follow this  
primerk5

763 fuel system issues

primerk5

My wheel horse has been sitting for some time and I'm having some trouble getting it running again. Aside from the fittings in the tank leaking it seems air bound to the fuel pump. Any pointers in getting the fuel flowing. I tried cranking it and that didn't work. It was either shear luck the first time I got it running after acquiring it or, it sat long enough for the fuel to finally make its way into it fuel pump. If I pull the tank to pump line off at the pump it flows just fine when its hooked up you can see it doesn't flow into the sediment bowl if you empty it. 

The line on mine seems to be a plastic of sorts. Does that seem like original? I actually managed to crack that hose/line last night and now i will have to replace it. It seems to me that this plastic line might stand up to the ethanol gas we have better then rubber.

Is anyone making parts for these pumps yet? I'd like to replace the diaphragm as well as one of the little plastic valve things got chipped. I'm hoping it will work but wasn't sure and i know i couldn't get a diaphragm for it a while ago.

Thanks for any help

buckrancher

line should be 1/4" ID rubber gas line

take the line off at the carburetor and crank engine over see if gas is being pumped out if not fuel pump diaphragm is bad if this tractor has the original fuel pump it should be the pulse type that works on crankcase pressure

I make diaphragms for these $5.00 includes shipping send me a pm

Brian