Sign in to follow this  
htopjimmy26

New to me 855

htopjimmy26

Hi everyone, I've just jumped into the old/antique? tractor arena. Until now I have been able to cut grass and exchange other attatchments between all my tractors in my sig, I probably would not have considered purchasing this small/old :D tractor but the price was right-$150 :hide: . So home I came with the little bundle of joy, anyway It needs alot of work and Toro parts viewer doesn't view this one [go figure], does anyone have the name of that manual forum? I promise to get pics someday soon as I get it running. It needs to be completely rewired and various clips/springs/bushings/and stuff replaced if I can find any. Is there anything cool about this model? All my others are at least 13 years newer. Thanks. :hide:

Michael Bullington

well I like this year myself, If was the first year of the square hood tractors! This is my next favorite tractors after the round hoods. but personally I like riding around on these much more than my round hoods,, They just sit and ride better!! Great find!

HorseFixer

The yahoo groups Like T-Mo stated has lots of manuals you will hafta join each one but it is well worth it! :hide: Congrats on yer new pony :hide: I have a similar one its big brother a 1055 :D

htopjimmy26

Thanks guys, I hear that there is some sort of cool-jive-mojo ride thing going on with this era of Wheelhorse. It's kind of funny: first thing after unloading it I gave it a walkaround and then felt the irresistable urge to sit on the sopping wet seat and grab the wheel :D wet arse! I quickly came out of my trance and went in the house to change my shorts. :hide: Duke, is the 1055 the one that is the same small chassis but has a 10hp kohler shoehorned in? The motor looks like it barely fits :hide: .

buckrancher

is the 1055 the one that is the same small chassis but has a 10hp kohler shoehorned in? The motor looks like it barely fits :D .

sounds lke a 1045

:hide:

Rollerman

Brian, Dana...there were three short frame big blocks...the 1055 3 speed, 1075 hydro & the 1045 W/ round fenders.