stratostar250

Walbro Carb

stratostar250

So guys, I took off the carb to my Charger 12, and I found something I didn't expect to see.  It was a bit different than other carbs I've worked on.  It seems to be a Walbro WHG 52.  After some research it seems that this is not the original carb or even one similar.  It seems as if these came on the later magnum engines.  I also read that with these carbs, the older K series engines should be ran at 3200 RPM to avoid the air fuel mixture being wrong because the main fuel jet of this carb is non-adjustable.  

Now, I don't really have any problems with this, except that I bought a carb kit to clean/rebuild it, but I have no idea what 4 of the parts are that came with the kit.  I was wondering if you guys could help me out.  Two are little brass caps, and two look like some other type of caps (I've included pictures to help).  And I have a feeling after looking over the carb that they are caps or covers of some sort.  I think they are visible in the picture I took of the carb.  The larger round ones are right next to each other (under the idle set screw), and one little brass one is where the main fuel screw would normally be, and the other one is on the other side of the carb. Am I correct, and is it necessary to take out the old ones and replace them? If so, how do you do this?

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input!

post-12245-0-61082400-1430108779_thumb.j

post-12245-0-43234100-1430108782_thumb.j

post-12245-0-93571300-1430108784_thumb.j

• Like 1

oldredrider

The "caps" are called Welch plugs. You don't need to remove/replace them unless you are doing something close to an autopsy. A good cleaning or carb soak will suffice. Use the other replacement parts in the kit and you are good to go.

stratostar250

The "caps" are called Welch plugs. You don't need to remove/replace them unless you are doing something close to an autopsy. A good cleaning or carb soak will suffice. Use the other replacement parts in the kit and you are good to go.

Ah, alright, makes sense, Thanks so much!