geod919

Running a larger rear tire on a B-series.

geod919

Looking to run a 20x10-8 in place of the factory 18-8.5-8 currently on my B111. Has anybody had any experience with this? Looking to make the swap for availability and pricing (surprising to me that more tire is cheaper.) 

It looks like there is plenty of room to clear the fender and mowing deck, I guess I'm most worried about width issues on the factor wheel.

geod919

Ended up ordering some Carlisle super lugs in factory size. Will see how they run soon. Kind of excited. 

41jYScwCa%2BL._SY450_.jpg

While doing research I've decided I want to get tri ribs for the front.

Deestone makes a 3.50x6 that's about 3/4 of an inch taller. It's unfortunately a bit narrower too, so I'll need to source some 3" wide wheels. Does anyone know of a wheel that will fit without modification?

• Like 1

geod919

Actually, are my front spindles 3/4"? I think I found what I'm looking for if they are.

fast88pu

I just got 2 18x9.50x8 hi run super lugs from tractor supply on clearance for $39.99 each. Putting them and tri ribs on my 68 lawn ranger when I start the restore

rmaynard

The spindles are 3/4" to the best of my knowledge. But I am curious why you are wanting to put AG lug tires on a lawn mower. Is it just for the "look"? If you are cutting grass, AG's tend to tear things up a bit, and you will definitely get a rougher ride.

geod919

My yard has a lot of up down and uneven patches for as small as it is. The turfs are already tearing up my lawn when they spin. To be honest I would be better served by a c or 400 series, but they wouldn't fit in the shed.

geod919

I guess the "look" will be a nice bonus.

• Like 2

bmsgaffer

My yard has a lot of up down and uneven patches for as small as it is. The turfs are already tearing up my lawn when they spin. To be honest I would be better served by a c or 400 series, but they wouldn't fit in the shed.

Just so you know, the c series and the 400 series have the nearly the same dimensions as your B111. :techie-eureka:

Yours: 65" long, 36" wide, 37" high

416: 65" long, 37.1" wide, 42.5" high.

So go ahead and get lookin' for your C or 300,400 series tractor. (the 520's are a bit bigger if they have the swept axle and big rear tires) :handgestures-thumbupright:

geod919

Not going to lie, that was about my only excuse for not buying a bigger one. This is going to get expensive isn't it.

• Like 1

geod919

Hey wait a second, can I run a 36 or 37 inch deck on a bigger tractor?

bmsgaffer

Yep. It will get expensive... But if you are patient you can usually find good deals!

There is a 36, 37, 42, 48, and 60" deck available that clip right in to the attachmatic system. (37" only works on 300 series with smaller front wheels, 60 only on the 520's with swept axle)

Usually 36, 37 is for 8hp+, 42 is 10hp+, 48 is 14hp+, 60 obviously 20hp.

bmsgaffer

There's a halfway decent selection on our local Craiglist right now (I've got a C-145 up for sale) and I think you will be VERY happy with the horizontal shaft tractors. Sturdier, bullet proof 8 speed or eaton hydro available and LOTS of attachments and replacement parts. Not to mention that that probably comprises 75% of tractor ownership on this forum so there's lots more help available.

Just my :twocents-02cents: (and I love spending other peoples money! :laughing-rofl: )

Edited by bmsgaffer

geod919

Shed door is 46" lol. So I could "probably" get a 42 in and out. Currently running a 36"

rmaynard

Ah, the sickness seems to be setting in. Next, that door is going to be enlarged, and when the shed is outgrown you will start talking about bigger sheds. Don't worry though, it's all part of the Wheel Horse sickness. No known cure, but lots of fun while you are under its spell.

geod919

Brown santa just stopped by.

post-15024-0-37277600-1431452745_thumb.j

• Like 1

dcrage

Shed door is 46" lol. So I could "probably" get a 42 in and out. Currently running a 36"

Measure FIRST!!!! -- The 42" on my 418-A will NOT load onto my 4 x 6 trailer while attached to the tractor -- There is a 3/4" deep channel on each side for the rear 2 x 12 "gate" to slide into which hits the deck -- But having said that the 42" deck is cutting width; actual deck deminsion is wider

geod919

Man this left hand wheel is on there GOOD. Any recommendations? It's the keyed, e clipped style.

geod919

Getting there.

post-15024-0-86733000-1431472584_thumb.j

• Like 1

steve k

Last time I put tires on my 211  I ended up just changing the tire on the wheel while on the tractor......It was easier than getting the wheel off! :auto-layrubber:

• Like 1

geod919

That's what I'm doing now, too.