ibskot

Getting ready to put a deck on for first time.

ibskot

I have a 12 HP 310-8 and the mower that came with the house just broke a deck belt. I went to lowes and HD and they didn't have one. Since I don't feel like chasing it and I really don't need it And I'd like the spot in the garage, I feel now is the time to mow with my WH. My question is, what should I look at on the deck to prepare? Also, can you just pop into a home center and buy blades for a 43 inch WH deck?

Thanks in advance for your help.

chex313

It doesn't look like you have any Toro Dealer's near you. You could call a JD Dealer ....Quality Equipment , Albemarle   7049832161 and see if they would cross reference for you. I know my JD dealer, can usually get any part that are common...Belts, oil filters, air cleaners, blades. 

Or maybe a TSC, may have a variety of blades. Of course Ebay as well. Is it part #93-0241?

As far as prep not much, if you took the blades off you probably cleaned the deck. So just grease the bearing's and make sure they turn free.

Edited by chex313
  • Like 1

gwest_ca

If you have a Napa they are a good source for aftermarket blades, belts and bearings. Their green belts are made by Gates specifically for lawn and garden equipment. You need illustrated parts manuals for the equipment you have so you know exactly what the part numbers are. Model numbers are the best way if you have them. Let us know and will try to link you to them.

2-blade deck or 3-blade?

Side or rear discharge.

Decks are sized by their width of cut. 36", 37", 42" or 48"

Garry

• Like 1

ibskot

I have 2 decks. One is a rear discharge and the other is a side. I think I will try the side discharge first. Both are 42 inch.

Do I have to have the little screw thing in these pics to use the deck correctly? I have have what may be called a "frankenhorse"...so I don't have that. This tractor in the pic isn't mine.

post-12071-0-59590900-1428968038.jpg

post-12071-0-68632300-1428968062_thumb.j

gwest_ca

The tractor you posted is 1990 or newer because it has the black hood decals. The one in your avatar is 1985-1989 - maroon decal

Side discharge deck

Rear discharge deck

These decks should match what you have as far as installation and belts go. There can be differences in the blades and bearings as these changed over the years.

You do not need the height adjustment knob for the lift lever to use the mower deck. That is more for a dozer blade or mid-mounted grader blade.

Garry