Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

953/ 1054 Dual Stage Snow Blower

HorseFixer

Is there a dual stage snow blower that will mount on the 953/1054? I was wanting to get one going for one of mine. Would there have to be modifications done?

Thanks Duke

linen beige

Seeing the drift cutters mounted backwards makes me wonder what else may be amiss.

HorseFixer

Thanks guys looks like some decisions need to be made! :banghead:

Duke

Sparky

Are we even sure a 10hp could handle the 2 stage blower? Arent they only recomended for the 16hp and up tractors.

Mike..........

htopjimmy26

I am not an expert on the beans of a 10hp kohler, but I own a 2stage and can say that it makes a 16hp onan blubber like a baby. I am currently attempting to retro fit to my c195 as is the biggest tractor I own and probably the only one large enough to boss it around :USA: , I think you would be much happier with a single stage blower. [1 footnote, driving a tractor with the single stage blower is much more fun than pushing a stuck tractor with 2 stage installed, it weighs like 100lbs more than single stage! :omg: ] good luck :banghead:

HorseFixer

Well allrighty then, maybe I need to find sumptin that can handle a a 2 stage! I just have alot of driveway now that I poured a add on for my Motor Home I bet my drive is like 90' long and like 20' to 30' wide in spots and I was wanting a cab So's me twinkies dont get cold. :omg: Im getting to ole' for this snow chit :banghead:

So's whats a good tractor to use? or do I really need a two stage? I heard single stagers dont get the job done and throw the snow very good. I have a TORO 7-26 that has an 8 hp on and it blows like the dickens and of course its a two stage.

What you guys think that would be economical with good results?

:USA: Duke

htopjimmy26

Well.........If you have a 2 stage I'ld say you would probably be better off with 18-20hp in a hydro maybe 16hp in a manual shift with a light load and level going. Tire chains and weights are a must, 2-link are far superior. Probably the biggest problem with the 2-stage is it's enormus weight; it's like 250lbs :D . I do know a guy that does have the 2 -stage on his 416-8 and he likes it but he also has a short flat drive, I do not and nothing gets you more POed than stuck tractor at bottom of the drive in middle of the night in snowstorm:rant2: :hide:.