Sign in to follow this  
bell

BUSY weekend...

bell

Had a BUSY, yet productive weekend...

I got a HUGE load of oak, split and stacked... (should last me all winter)

I loaded up all the "junk" that I wanted to get rid of before winter....

Went to the local swap meet and sold said "junk", the B-100 and the '62 parts ranger... (after I took all the good stuff off of it... :lol: )

A friend of mine from Greencastle met me at the swap meet and brought me a few goodies... I had told him that I was wanting a set of WH hubcaps, so he brought me some... and a beat up tool box with fenders... :banghead: There was another 8" one, but another friend of mine needed one to make a complete set... so I hooked him up. :USA:

11-2-08002.jpg

Another friend of mine bought a set of 4wheeler tires.. He needed 2 of them, so he gave me these...

11-2-08003.jpg

They are 25x8-12.... I think I can find something to do with them... :lol:

Once I sold everything, I went shopping... I found a MUCH NEEDED wagon for $40 and it still has the "****" on the tires. :omg:

11-2-08001.jpg

My brother and I went together and bought 6 of these weights...

11-2-08004.jpg

They are 50lbs each... should come in VERY handy... :D

After the swap meet, my brother and I jumped in the truck and headed to Clinton for a auction with lots of lawn tractor stuff.... Turned out to be a bunch of stuff we didn't need, but it was nice to get away for a bit...

On the way home, we went and picked up a NICE John Deere round fender 110 that I found out about at the swap meet.... My brother bought it for $80!!!! One little crack in the hood and some surface rust.. otherwise it is in EXCELLENT shape! :thumbs: I like the red ones, but this one was tempting.... I was ready to throw down the cash if my bro didn't buy it... :D

HorseFixer

Jon looks like you were pretty busy! allways good to get byer chores done!

BairleaFarm

Sound like youll sleep good tonight. Are those weights concrete?

bell

Sound like youll sleep good tonight. Are those weights concrete?

I'm going to sleep like lumber.... Sleep like infant... lol

No, they're cast iron.... I have never seen anything like them, but I wish I could find more!!!!

Nick

You sold some "junk", got some good buys plus something free to top it off, now thats a good day at a swap meet. :banghead: Those weights should come in handy also.

jusjeepn

Jon, Looks like a very productive weekend all together! :banghead: I wish I had the time to hit the swapmeets more, but don' we all. Congrats on getting rid of the old and bringing in the new :omg: By the way, I sure could use some 6" and 8" caps for the vert. :USA:

Jim_M

No, they're cast iron.... I have never seen anything like them, but I wish I could find more!!!!

Jon,

The company that calibrates our scales at work uses these same weights to do the calibration. They carry a truck load of them in various sizes up to 1,000 pounds, but they all look exactly the same no matter what thay weigh.

Jim

CasualObserver

Jon,

The company that calibrates our scales at work uses these same weights to do the calibration. They carry a truck load of them in various sizes up to 1,000 pounds, but they all look exactly the same no matter what thay weigh.

Jim

Those are the same things they use in some elevators. If you have a local elevator service company, couldn't hurt to give them a call. They replaced three elevators at my work last summer, and there were carts and carts full of those things lining the hallways.

bell

Thanks guys... I was thinking that they might be for something precise... They all have been drilled to get the weight to EXACTLY 50lbs.... I need to look around and try to find some more... :banghead: