AMC RULES

There's A New Workhorse in Town.

stevasaurus

That explains the look from that woman at the bus stop.  They have a 6th (sic) cents about things like that...and I know what you mean about the 2-3" in the short cab.  :orcs-cheers:

Bad thing is...I hit bottom a long time ago.  Rock & Rye all.  Craig...I love my Silverado...2 whd though.  :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Ain't as nimble as the short box though...

maybe just cuz it' still new to me.  :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

squonk

Steve, you need a Cab-over! Take the "Short Bus" to the show!

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

WTeff has happened to ignition keys...  :scratchead:

and why does a work truck need a key fob?    

post-3498-0-89600400-1428967585_thumb.jp

• Like 2

squonk

Looks just like my wife's Volvo key. DON'T LOSE IT!!!!!!! Once you have a FOB, your lost when it breaks!

Martin

WTeff has happened to ignition keys...  :scratchead:

and why does a work truck need a key fob?    

Actually Craig, that style of key has been around for 24 years or so that i know of, maybe even more.......

My dad bought a Toyota Land Cruiser new back in 1991 (back home in Australia) and the key was very similar to that......

I kept one of the keys all these years.....

post-4321-0-38100000-1429004203_thumb.jp

heres my favorite, Jeanines keys to her '12 Cruze are like this. push the chrome locking button and the key springs out from the side of the fob, ready to go.......

post-4321-0-47094400-1429004529_thumb.jp

post-4321-0-79922700-1429004532_thumb.jp

Edited by Martin

Ken B

Martin that key is almost identical to the key of the Dodge Sprinter van I drive.. 

• Like 1

squonk

Good rule of thumb. When buying a used vehicle check the key and make sure the seller has a spare. Some of today's keys will cost you around $150 !!!

Martin

Martin that key is almost identical to the key of the Dodge Sprinter van I drive..

Ken, if you are talking about the key/fob combo,......

Like I said, my favorite, wish my truck was the same way, much easier to get in your pocket. I don't like the key and separate fob, I never have all my other keys with the vehicle keys and the small size of the fold in key/fob makes the pockets a little lighter....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Dang...I thought I was the only Dinosaur here.   I here you can start your vehicle from inside the house now.  :eusa-think:   What will they think of next???  Craig...don't keep your spare key in the truck...just sayin'.  I did not do it, but I know someone who did.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

• Like 2

squonk

How about a remote starter for Teckys?  :eusa-think:  :eusa-whistle:

• Like 1

Martin

Dang...I thought I was the only Dinosaur here.   I here you can start your vehicle from inside the house now.  :eusa-think:   What will they think of next???  Craig...don't keep your spare key in the truck...just sayin'.  I did not do it, but I know someone who did.  :happy-jumpeveryone:

Yep Steve, its pretty nice to get into a warm vehicle in winter and cool vehicle in summer without leaving the house. If you have the heated and cooled seats, they work as well on the remote. I'm not sure what outside temp the computer decides on for the hot/cold etc. and i don't use it year around, but its really nice to get into a comfortable temp truck at the extremes of our weather..... :thumbs:

• Like 2

squonk

Should have gotten heated seats Steve. They would have been handy when you went ice fishing!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

How can his seat not be heated?   :ychain: 

• Like 3

squonk

5351055862avatar_zpshitzoyd6.gif

• Like 1

muz123

Nice license plate! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Coadster32

Nice truck Craig. Best of luck with it. For what you do...leasing is a great avenue. I do like the bigger WH decal...just saying. :teasing-poke:

• Like 1

squonk

I can here the announcement  over the PA at the Big Show now, "Will the owner of the Chevy truck license plate D I G G R R R    ????? Please move your vehicle! "  Then Craig will be no where to be found and everyone is going to start asking me "Where's Craig?  :)

Looks like we'll have at least 2 entries in the "White Land Yacht " contest!  :happy-partydance:  :happy-partydance:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

What!    :scared-eek:

"White land yacht" ???

squonk

Big White Trucks!  :bow-blue:

Racinbob

Nice truck...One of the new all aluminum truck?

Nope. That's Ford doing that. I did read an article stating that GM was in the process of securing aluminum contracts and may go that route in 2017 or 2018.

Nice truck Craig :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

squonk

Smart move by GM give it a couple of years to see if there are any major problems with the aluminum. Especially in the Northeast. I'm sure glad I got out of the auto business. Steel parts and steel bolts don't mix well with aluminum. And I have a 3 ft Snap-On breaker bar to prove it!

• Like 1

dcrage

Good rule of thumb. When buying a used vehicle check the key and make sure the seller has a spare. Some of today's keys will cost you around $150 !!!

$150 -- That's peanuts -- We just bought a new CRV and I was told to replace key fob was $500-$750 -- I still try to pull a key out of my pocket to start and get in that thing -- Guess I will learn

buckrancher

Nice truck Craig must be the year for it got mine in march

post-591-0-63293900-1429133982_thumb.jpg

post-591-0-50580300-1429134022_thumb.jpg

Brian

• Like 4

Racinbob

Smart move by GM give it a couple of years to see if there are any major problems with the aluminum. Especially in the Northeast. I'm sure glad I got out of the auto business. Steel parts and steel bolts don't mix well with aluminum. And I have a 3 ft Snap-On breaker bar to prove it!

I agree Mike. I've been a Ford guy for 35 years but this move has me wondering. I'm also wondering about body repairs and the shops that can work with the aluminum. I no longer need a full size truck and when I heard 2011 was the last year for Rangers in this country I bought one. If I was in the market for a real truck and had to buy one this year I'd be going with a Chevy. I don't mind buying a 'new' model but this is too much. :)