Sign in to follow this  
jake22si

How to make my tractor quieter

jake22si

My exhaust system consists of a 12" pipe and a muffler. The muffler may be bad, but is this a normal set up setup fot this? Just want it quieter, maybe V out to 2 mufflers. what do you think? Its a C-100

Mith

I welded another muffler on the end of the stock one, made it sound a little deeper.

Why not just wear ear defenders?

16-03-08_0934.jpg

jake22si

I do wear ear protection, but when I pull my 2 1/2 year old around on it, she refuses too wear them. Just trying to make it more "user friendly".

BairleaFarm

turn it off

:banghead: I dont think these machines will ever be quite. A good working muffler is about as good as it gets as far as i know. It doesnt seem to bother my son who is that same age rather hes driving by himself or riding in the wagon or sitting on my lap.

HorseFixer

Mith nice stream comming out that stack :banghead:

Duke

Docwheelhorse

PULL OFF THE KOHLER AND PUT ON A TECUMSEH!!

It will be SILENT then..... :banghead:

Tony

linen beige

PULL OFF THE KOHLER AND PUT ON A TECUMSEH!!

It will be SILENT then..... :banghead:

Tony

Except for all the grunts and cussing from the feller trying to start it! :banana: :USA:

gicu812

Do like I did... :banana:

12434_.jpg

Whisper quiet... Almost literally. It just sounds like a big fan when the blades are on. Plus, it costs me about $.40 cents to mow the whole yard, gas would have been over 10 times that with gas prices last summer.

JimD

very creative, gicu. how often do you need to recharge the batteries?

wh500special

Do like I did... :banana:

Whisper quiet... Almost literally. It just sounds like a big fan when the blades are on. Plus, it costs me about $.40 cents to mow the whole yard, gas would have been over 10 times that with gas prices last summer.

That is great! I love the idea of the electric tractors and would love to add one to the fleet. WH offered their own electrics in the 70's and 80's. The early models were GE Elektraks and the later design (the E141) was similar in design to what you did by converting a conventional gear drive model to electric.

Very nice.

I'm guessing you're an EE or a Computer guy (yes, I know I am stereotyping the type of guys who like this sort of thing but hey...)

I have several of the 200 series tractors like you converted...wanna do another?

Steve

PS - I am on the lookout for an E141, so if anyone knows of one in the IN/IL/MO region, lemme know...

Nick

This topic has come up for years and I cant remember a report of anyone having really good success with keeping a tractor quiet. The Supertrapp mufflers come up but they are pricey with no review on how well they work. There are also generator mufflers listed as quiet that might work. Maybe a system built with a resonator before the muffler could help also. :banghead:

Electro12WH

It might help a little to point it at the ground instead of up by your ears.

Mith

Simple solution, tell her if she dont wear ear protection she doesnt ride. Should be wearing ear protection around machinary, its a good habit to get her into.

Duke, amazing how much steam comes out :banghead: