pfrederi

Magnum - KT series fuel pump cover plates

pfrederi

I know that Kohler produced a fuel pump plate used to cover the hole in the block if the motor didn't use a fuel pump. My question is there a similar plate for the Twins? I have put on an electric pump and it would be nice to remove the mechanical one...if I could cover the hole.

Edited by pfrederi

pfrederi

The kirk engine ones are for the K series singles.

JackC

The KT17-19 are flat head twins and use the same style fuel pump as the single cylinder K engines. What engine do you have?

WH nut

Why go through the trouble, just let it hang there it wont hurt a thing.

pfrederi

The KT17-19 are flat head twins and use the same style fuel pump as the single cylinder K engines. What engine do you have?

Magnum 18

JackC

The Magnum takes the same style fuel pump as the K's.  The Magnum engines are basically the same engine as the K-series. The main differences are, besides the sheet metal that covers the block, the Magnum has solid state electronic ignition, a fixed main jet (Walbro) carburetor and the starter fastens to the bearing plate instead of the engine block. Most of the external and all the internal parts are interchangeable.

Besides Kirk's, Millers also sells the cover plates..

http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/carbfuel.htm

• Like 1

meadowfield

Or make one, just draw around a gasket drill the holes and cut it out. I did the same thing!

• Like 1

pfrederi

The Magnum takes the same style fuel pump as the K's.  The Magnum engines are basically the same engine as the K-series. The main differences are, besides the sheet metal that covers the block, the Magnum has solid state electronic ignition, a fixed main jet (Walbro) carburetor and the starter fastens to the bearing plate instead of the engine block. Most of the external and all the internal parts are interchangeable.

Besides Kirk's, Millers also sells the cover plates..

http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/carbfuel.htm

Thank you!!!