Dhodge

Teckumseh HH120

Dhodge

Been rebuilding a Tecky 12 horse from my 1974 C-120 Auto.  I finally have everything completed and reassembled.  Just waiting on my Walbro autopulse rebuild kit and my carburetor rebuild kit to arrive, so I can bench test it.   I bored the cylinder .20 over and turned the crank .20 under.  Found the OEM Tecky piston, rings  wrist pin, rod and gasket set so everything is original equipment.  The cam gear was worn on each end so I turned them down on the lathe  .002 of an inch and made new bronze bushings to be pressed into the block and case for it to rest in.  Today, with a little help from Neway I cut the valve seats and ground the valves.  The guides were nice and tight so they remained as they were.  I gave everything a nice red paint job after bead blasting and ordered a set of Tecumseh decals from Terry. She should be ready to rock and roll for another 41 years and will look good doing it. Fun little project!!!

I like my Kohler's but those dang HH Tecumseh's are pretty dang tough too.

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:thumbs:   

:wwp:

tbarnhart

Nothing wrong with those Heavy iron Techy's. I have the ohv 16hp engine in my c-160. Its the same bottom end as you have with overhead valves and a larger carb. It runs well and seems very efficient. My brother is just now rebuilding a HH120 for his '66 Sears Suburban. Tecumseh used a smaller package than the big block Kohlers and were down a little on displacement across comparable HP ranges, but they seemed to be factory hot-rods. His Sears will go to town with a 48 in. deck. I think its stronger than My other brother's K321 in a Cub. I kinda like these motors myself. If only we could get more parts availability.

Dhodge

Nothing wrong with those Heavy iron Techy's. I have the ohv 16hp engine in my c-160. Its the same bottom end as you have with overhead valves and a larger carb. It runs well and seems very efficient. My brother is just now rebuilding a HH120 for his '66 Sears Suburban. Tecumseh used a smaller package than the big block Kohlers and were down a little on displacement across comparable HP ranges, but they seemed to be factory hot-rods. His Sears will go to town with a 48 in. deck. I think its stronger than My other brother's K321 in a Cub. I kinda like these motors myself. If only we could get more parts availability.

It would be great to be able to get parts more easily and at a fair price. Just gotta put the carb and air cleaner on, make sure the CDI is gapped and touch up the paint a little bit.  I forgot about the dings on thpost-13051-0-74311900-1428162077_thumb.jpost-13051-0-10148900-1428162099_thumb.jpost-13051-0-95163600-1428162115_thumb.jpost-13051-0-23701500-1428162134_thumb.je side of the flywheel tin or I would have bumped them out, but I already had the paint gun going.

Pics are for you AMC!!

• Like 2