JamesC-120

Kohler k532 flooding

JamesC-120

I have a wheel horse d-200 with a kohler k532 and it continues to have gas pouring out of the carb. I have replaces the needle and seat, the float, and the fuel pump with a original kohler mechanical pump. I adjusted the float so it would shut off before the bowl was even full and it still floods. The weird thing is if I disconnect the fuel pump from the carb it runs perfect. So I think the fuel pump is pushing in to much fuel but I bought an electric fuel pump that people recommended that was low pressure and it still flooded. I also tried a standard Briggs fuel pump and that did not work either. I don't know what to do next? What do you guy recommend?

Thanks

JamesC-120

I just hooked up a little fuel tank that I had so that it would be gravity feed and not through the fuel pump. It runs but at idle fuel begins to fill up the throat of the carb and then floods out. I tested the float in gas and it floats. I also took the carb off and turned it up side down and tried to blow through the gas inlet and you can not so it should be sealing but it just would stop the gas. Any other thought would be nice.

Edited by JamesC-120

ericj

don't know how to adjust, but it sounds like it's got-a-be the needle and float assembly letting to much gas in. did you try to lower the float level. which i see you did , but unless there is a crack in the carb allowing gas pass the needle. keep lowering the level till you hopefully get it right. good luck

eric j 

JamesC-120

I have been messing with the float height and finally got it to run good and then it was leaking gas from around the bowl. Then took it back apart and fixed the seal then put it back on and same thing again it would flood out again.

ericj

that's enough to piss you off, but that's their way off messing with you :ychain:  hang in there you will prevail i'm sure sooner or later. like i said keep lowering the float level or find a replacement carb for it

eric j 

mey030

Do you have the Airhorn off the carburetor on the air filter side if you don't the gasket between ken Block the bowl vent and cause what you have going on ran into that once on a 400 John Deere with 532 engine like to pull my hair out two days

spell check messed up some of the last post. the gasket between the air cleaner in of the carburetor and the air filter housing is the one I am talking about. one small hole in that flange of the carburetor is the bowl vent multiple gaskets will fit the screw pattern but some block the vent

• Like 1

JamesC-120

YES I put a different gasket in there and I pulled the carb back off and checked out that gasket and it was blocking the hole so made a hole in the gasket. IT WORKS!!! Finally after 3 days of confusion. THANKS SO MUCH!! It runs amazing now.

• Like 1

ericj

Do you have the Airhorn off the carburetor on the air filter side if you don't the gasket between ken Block the bowl vent and cause what you have going on ran into that once on a 400 John Deere with 532 engine like to pull my hair out two days

spell check messed up some of the last post. the gasket between the air cleaner in of the carburetor and the air filter housing is the one I am talking about. one small hole in that flange of the carburetor is the bowl vent multiple gaskets will fit the screw pattern but some block the vent

learn something new everyday, now just to remember when needed the most  :banghead:

eric j