stevebo

1998 520 LXI Worker Rehab - Survivor

papaglide

Very nice. What clips are you referring to when taking the headlamp lens off? I am not quite sure how to get them out. I see silverfish metal tabs above the lens when looking at the tractor from the front.

stevebo

Very nice. What clips are you referring to when taking the headlamp lens off? I am not quite sure how to get them out. I see silverfish metal tabs above the lens when looking at the tractor from the front.

Those are your clips. 2 on top and 2 on bottom. Use a screwdriver to pry them off. 

papaglide

Thanks Steve. Pry off from the front, pop them out?

stevebo

Pry from top and bottom (4 clips total)

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Mike, it easier if you unplug the bulbs and remove the assembly by unscrewing the four torx screws with the hood open. Then lower the hood and slide it out.  Watch the silver tabs as they will fly.

Edited by shallowwatersailor

stevebo

The rear seat pan has a slight factory crease just below the rear tail lights. When I did the bodywork I did not go crazy trying to duplicate that crease. In order to sort of hide the roundness in the pan I added a pinstripe. It does what I wanted. The hoods have a lot of paint and no decals so I decided to add pinstripes there too. I am not sure if I am in love with the stripe going on the sides of the rear fender pan. I may end it in the back corners. For now here it is. Thoughts? 

I also got some correct speed nuts to install the rear tail lights. The last pic show some of the hay I put down yesterday outside the barn. Hope mother nature helps me out!

post-734-0-89766600-1429051857_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-80302200-1429051876_thumb.jpg

post-734-0-21704800-1429051895_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

woodchuckfarmer

I think the hole tractor looks great,.....Wayne

fatboycowen

Looks amazing!

papaglide

Sweet looking tractor Stevebo!!

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice job Steve, top shelf.

Glenn

userj8670

Amazing. You now have the tractor you have always wanted, it's better than new and most importantly you have the pride that it was done by you! KUDOS

redtractorfan

Looks great man!

stevebo

Thanks to Daveoman member here on RS I was able to get all the parts I needed to rebuild the 48" deck. All new bearings and good used and/or new spindles and housings. All back together just need to mount it on the tractor and get myself a new pto drive belt 5/8" x 97". I think I may be mowing this weekend.. lol 

I am still in search of the right side spindle/belt cover. You will see the missing cover in the pic. 

post-734-0-14496600-1429674542_thumb.jpg

• Excellent 1

PeacemakerJack

@stevebo five years after the fact, what is your overall assessment of this tractor? Specifically, what do you think of the FD620 in the xi platform?  How has it held up for you? I know that we love our Dxi but the Lxi has always intrigued me as well...

stevebo

Still running strong with NO issues. I ended up setting a 60” under it and it is my go to machine. 

• Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1