Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

I'm Back!

sgtsampay

I'm a back! Its true, I'm back into this very addicting hobby once more and I have several new things at my disposal now. First lets do a little recap.

Year 2012: I loose my desk job at the start of the new year. This cause me to do a career change from  computers/snow removal and lawn care on the side to truck driving. In order to do truck driving local I must go over the road for a year or more to get experience. Then I can apply for a local position. In order to fully do this I have to sell and get rid of most of my possessions since I will be gone for so long and move out of my mom's house finally. So I pack up what I could into storage unit and sell the rest. Then I really leave from may 2012 to about November 2013. During this time I was able to find the most amazing wife in the world on my travels, marry her, find a nice little trailer for rent in a very small town 30min away from my hometown, and we have our first child together. (A adopted very large 4 year old male tuxedo cat named Goliath) We really can;t have children as she is unable to conserve due to medical issues but that doesn't mean we can have children in other forms. :)

November 2013: Now that I have just over one year of over the road trucking under my belt I start looking for a local job. I was able to land a heating oil truck position at a local oil company for the winter. Then april 2014 come along and the winter oil season dried up so I transferred to a smaller oil company who only transports motor oil and hydraulic oil to the local car dealerships and repair shops in the area. They used to send lots of oil to the mills all around the area but to the economy most of the mills all shut down so we only have about 4 mills left. I have been there for almost one year now and have no plans on leaving. With this secure job and my amazing wife Jessica working as a secretary for a local dr. office our personal bills are all caught up and well under control. We did loose our first son, Goliath last Christmas due to a very bad medical trouble he had but one of our friends had a little of kittens in November so we adopted one young lady cat a month after Goliath left us. You all might think we are crazy but one can really become attached to animals.

Winter of 2015. This past winter was a very cold and snowy one for sure. I'm so glad my mother allowed me to put my snowblower at her house while I was over the road as it really came in handy this year. Since I live in a nice kept up trailer park, most of the driveways are very close to each other. This makes it very easy for me to go from one drive to the other with my Toro walk behind and move the snow out of there driveways with out having to load the blower after each job. I would average about one driveway every 10min. LOL. Anyway, after making a nice amount of bonus money this past winter Jessica encourage me to recreate my old lawn care and snow removal bis with the snow removal still just taking place in the park as its plenty of work here every storm and very little overhead. The lawncare is a different story. Instead of driving around the whole city as I used to in the past, I will just stick to 10 to 15 local lawns in my little town so the travel time is very low. This allows me to work on the weekends but not the whole time hopefully and just have fun and generate a little extra cash to help pay off some old debt we owe along with build up our bis so one day I can just work for myself and loose my day job. This has always been my dream, but this is a first step in that direction. She has been helping me in so many ways to make it all real and official. Our bis name is Sampays's Lawn care and she wants to help during the mowing season as well so it will be more of a joint operation. I just want to have fun for now and see where it all goes.

So now I have a local 10x15 mini storage in witch the owner is allowing me to use his electrical outlet and unit as my very first garage. Well, it really not to bad and I'm so excited to start working on horses again. Thanks for reading this very long post and I hope you all enjoy reading about how I came along in my life. Have a good day all.

• Like 5

Sparky

Glad to see your back Bobby!

Care to show us a pic of the B-100 your converting? Or is that still your old signature?

:WRS:

Mike.........

AMC RULES

Congrats Bobby...

nice to see you back. 

:WRS:

rmaynard

Welcome back. Always good to see some old familiar names return.

• Like 1

buckrancher

good to hear from you  Bobby hope you can come and camp with us at the big show again sometime

Brian

• Like 1

sgtsampay

Thanks all for the warm welcomes back. Yes mabye this year or next I can take the wife down to PA for a ncie camping weekend. :)

Yes, you can all see the B100 in the restoration section. Its all listed there along with its progress. Remember, it's true goal it be used for light commercial weekend mowing, so I'm doing my best here. :)

squonk

Welcome back!  :)

post-2380-0-33345000-1427633864.gif

• Like 2

JimD

Welcome back. :)

JC 1965

Welcome back, sounds like you are very happy. Glad everything is working out for you.    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

KC9KAS

Welcome back to "The Square".

Sound like you have been very busy the last 3 years with a new career, wife and pet.

I know what you are saying about getting attached to a wife pet! :laughing-lettersrofl:

• Like 1