wallfish

Spring Zagray show in Colchester CT 5/1 - 3

wallfish

Always seems to be one of the best shows of the year with lots to see and do. This year's spring show is a gathering for the Allis Chalmers collectors and appears they added a friday to the dates as well. Usually done on just Sat & Sun with Sat being the better day but you never know. It should be a pretty big spring show this year! Here's the flyer link http://www.qvea.org/resources/spring-show-flyer-2015.pdf

stevebo

I think that everyone is ready to get outside and ride around a little. I will be there.

fireman

I will be there on Friday! Got to beat guys like SteveBo, Matt, Vin, Ken etc. to all the sweet deals! :ychain:  (Although i'm sure Steve may be there on Friday too). I'm looking for a nice Hit and Miss engine so I'm goin' cash heavy!

• Like 1

wallfish

I hear ya!

Anyone up for a night of free camping? Not sure what my schedule is since it changes so frequently but thought about camping a night down there.

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL BE THERE. SATURDAY ?   FRIDAY ? WHAT DAY ARE MOST GOING ?       RUSS

Sparky

My work schedule is ramping up but it's looking good for me to be there Saturday!

Mike.........

squonk

I will be there on Friday! Got to beat guys like SteveBo, Matt, Vin, Ken etc. to all the sweet deals! :ychain:  (Although i'm sure Steve may be there on Friday too). I'm looking for a nice Hit and Miss engine so I'm goin' cash heavy!

It's amazing what those things go for nowadays. :rolleyes:

We had the AC National show at our local Steam Pageant 2 yrs. ago. Awesome turnout!  :thumbs:

Edited by squonk

Ken B

Don't kid yourself, I can take off whatever day I want. :icecream:   With that said maybe I'll go up Friday AM and camp out over night... Matt is a Ninja, he may be there snaggin all the deals and you'll never know it.. Vin, that guy can spot something from a mile away and jumps in trailers as they are pullin in to claim something.. :laughing-rolling:

stevebo

I will let you guys get all the deals on Friday. If I go I have to take the boy so I will be heading up Saturday if I go.

fireman

Just pull him out of school for the day and call it a field trip!

• Like 1

Ken B

If its nice on Friday I'll probably take one of my boats out...  :) Been dyin to do that all winter.

wallfish

We need to get a fishing derby together one of these days. Looks like a non resident license for 3 days in CT is $22, not too bad. It's $23.50 up here.

• Like 1

Sparky

We need to get a fishing derby together one of these days. Looks like a non resident license for 3 days in CT is $22, not too bad. It's $23.50 up here.

I like that idea!! Itching to get back out and do a bit of fishin.

post-2-0-67594300-1427849357_thumb.jpg

Mike......

• Like 1

brianc423

Its such a looooooooong 5 minute drive into the center of town for me, but I suppose I could make it there on Saturday and maybe even Sunday too. 

Correct me if I am wrong, Zagray is one of the bigger (the biggest?) shows in CT....Though I have been told Kent, CT show is a pretty good size, never been to Kent myself, however.

--Brian

brianc423

Also, where does it say it is a 3 day show? flyer still says its May 2-3

stevebo

I will be there on Saturday for sure with my sidekick Brennan!

fireman

Also, where does it say it is a 3 day show? flyer still says its May 2-3

Says right here on their homepage:

http://www.qvea.org

In the yellow lettering unless it's a typo. May be because right below that it says 2nd and 3rd. Don't know for sure  :scratchead:

Edited by fireman

SALTYWRIGHT

I WILL BE THERE ON SATURDAY. RUSS

ANY BODY GOING TO THE BELLTOWN SHOW THIS SUNDAY ?     RUSS

brianc423

I'm hoping to try and make it out to belltown Sunday. Its a loooooong 5 minute drive to the Colchester/East Hampton town line. :)

VinsRJ

Vin, that guy can spot something from a mile away and jumps in trailers as they are pullin in to claim something.. :laughing-rolling:

I have been known to jump onto a trailer once or twice in the past... :violence-blades:

I plan on being there on Saturday...  I think the Panzer will be making the trip...

• Like 1

Coadster32

Planning on being there on Saturday with my son David. Have to pass on Belltown though. 

wallfish

Weather looks OK so far.

I plan to be there around 6 am to try and get a decent spot in the active mix of the display area. Already loaded except a few things. I was loaded for the Belltown show but couldn't go.

Bringing a 401 to cruise around and will display a bunch of Homelite and O&R 2 stroke powered tools.

Coadster32

I'm shooting for getting there around 8. Daughter is jumping on board as well. After working on the pedal last weekend, she doesn't want to miss out. (They've both been riding every day after school this week, and both are pumped up). I couldn't be happier. :icecream:

• Like 1

brianc423

I won't be there till Saturday and hopefully Sunday too....not sure what tractor I will end up bringing...my trailer only can fit one tractor at a time .... Though I suppose that, as one of them won't start, I will probably bring the one that will. 😎

Sparky

Brian...were you at the Belltown show?

My plan is to be at Zag's Saturday morning with a tractor to putt around on....wont be 6am....maybe 8am, need all the beauty sleep I can get :eusa-doh:  !

Mike..........