cimby5

310-8 Issues

cimby5

So our 310-8 will start and run for 35-45 minutes and then shut off. It will start back up, but only with full choke, but it won't stay running long. If I let it sit for an hour or so, it will start and run for another 35-45 minutes. I've already started working backwards and have so far cleaned the carburetor, installed a new fuel pump, coil, and spark plug, as well as replaced the fuel line and a new filter. The in-tank screen is not clogged ( I drained the tank and the fuel easily flowed from the petcock). I have also tried running it with the fuel cap loose, just in case the vent in the cap is clogged. So far, nothing has worked. Ideas?

WH nut

have you checked the muffler to see if its plugged. That's about they only thing you haven't covered

cimby5

Haven't yet, but I will tonight. Thanks.

Wishin4a416

Are you using a big fuel filter? Mine did the same thing and I had to go to a little B&S pancake filter.

cimby5

I have a bigger one on now, probably 2 1/4" long x 1 1/2" dia. May have to pick up a smaller one to try. Thanks.

tunahead72

Points and condenser?

Which engine, K series or Magnum?

cimby5

I wasn't able to get to the parts store in time last evening to pick up a pancake B&S filter, but had a somewhat smaller filter in the garage. Put it on and had the tractor running for over an hour. Not sure if the filter was no good from the factory, or if I just needed something a little smaller. Either way, it ran for much longer than it had been. Thanks for all the suggestions/help. With all the new parts, I shouldn't have to replace anything for quite a while.