Nathanielperz

1276 Wheel-a-Matic transmission question

Nathanielperz

Hey guys I want to add a couple hydraulic cylinders to my 1276 so I can lift and tilt the blade I have for it. Due to the extreme price of hydraulic pumps I was about to give up when bmsgaffer reminded me that there might be some ports on the transmission that you can tap off of...

That's why I am here to ask the WH Pros if you can do this or not and if you can how I would go about doing it.

I have attached a picture from the manuals...

here is the link to the manual on this site...

and here is a picture of where I think there might be available outputs...post-12518-0-13665700-1427396947_thumb.p

Thanks in advance,

Nate

squonk

I can't help you with the trans part but the Surplus Center sells pumps and cylinders very reasonable. That's who I used when I built my loader

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics/Hydraulic-Pumps/Gear-Pumps/

mey030

Yes you can tap off them to ports but there is also a shim kit to put in your forward and I think reverse valves to support the hydraulic lift and not take away from the drive system I still have some of the shims but I can't find the diagram. basically they went in the bottom of the cap and shim the springs on the forward and reverse bypass valves tighter. They are the big caps facing forward and facing the rear below where you have circled the one facing forward is for reverse the one facing back is for forward good luck