PGRNPA

c-100 transaxle mounting bolt

PGRNPA

Anyone know the size of these?  Lost one and leery about backing one out to check.  Thanks.

stevasaurus

They are a regular 3/8 bolt...not sure how long they are.  I would pull out a 2nd bolt and take a look.  If you still have 2 bolts holding the trans in...it will be OK.  :)  I am thinking they are only 1"...they could be 3/4"  long.

SALTYWRIGHT

USE GRADE 5 BOLT.

stevasaurus

Here ya go...took a little searching.  :)  There is a 1/8" lock washer on all the bolts.

upper bolts...3/8 x 16 thread x 3/4"....WH # 908032-4

lower bolts...3/8 x 16 thread x 7/8".....WH # 908033-6

bmsgaffer

Steve- Is there somewhere you find the size/thread of the screws called out on parts lists? All of the IPL's I look at only have the part number? I would sure love to get some things in stock BEFORE I start tearing into it!

Thanks!

Edited by bmsgaffer

gwest_ca

Here ya go...took a little searching.  :)  There is a 1/8" lock washer on all the bolts.

upper bolts...3/8 x 16 thread x 3/4"....WH # 908032-4

lower bolts...3/8 x 16 thread x 7/8".....WH # 908033-6

I have recorded that the lower bolts...3/8 x 16 thread x 7/8".....WH # 908033-6 are a Nylock bolt.

Wonder if they used them to seal the threads against leaks?

Garry

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Steve- Is there somewhere you find the size/thread of the screws called out on parts lists? All of the IPL's I look at only have the part number? I would sure love to get some things in stock BEFORE I start tearing into it!

Thanks!

If you are a member of the Yahoo manuals Groups in particular Group 1_1

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wheelhorsetractormanuals1_1/conversations/messages

there is a searchable Database Table there with 4,524 entries. Enter a part number and a description comes up.

Since Yahoo changed the format 2 years ago it is nearly impossible to navigate the Groups but I'm just now getting the tables to work if I have time to wait.

Garry

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Brandon, I found it in the IPL's, but it is not where you would think.  It is in the drawing that shows the frame and a few parts only (usually the first schematic)...not in the transmission schematic...then go to the list and boom-sha-ka-lac-a...it says bolts hex transmission lower and upper.  It was not easy to find. :)

I did kind of cheat a little.  I first tried the C-100 IPL, I did not find it there.  So, with my vast experience, :bow-blue: and knowing that probably all of these bolts are the same...I pulled up an IPL from a 1972 Raider, and there it was.  I find that the older manuals have more of that kind of information listed then the newer ones.  :)

• Like 1

squonk

Why would they have used a 7/8 bolt?  :confusion-confused:  Good luck finding that in a hardware store.

• Like 1

PGRNPA

Thanks all. really appreciate it!

tunahead72

...  I find that the older manuals have more of that kind of information listed then the newer ones.  :)

I've noticed that too.  Sometimes you'll find lubrication information, which-hole-does-this-go-in, how-to-adjust-this-thing, all kinds of useful stuff that doesn't always show up on a simple list.  As Steve points out, sometimes you just have to look around.

Boom-sha-ka-lac-a?  Can't find THAT in the dictionary. :ychain:

• Like 1