Sign in to follow this  
bluetuna08

cg-7 or cg-8 information

bluetuna08

I cant find any info on the cg-7 or cg-8 tractor. can anyone give me a history lesson behind this type of wheel horse?

I am looking to buy one with an incorrect 5 hp briggs engine. the tractor comes with snow blower and rototiller.

I am headed to look at this thing tonight at 3pm...I am a little shakey though. I do not know what to look for or even if this is a type of wheel horse that I would want. I guess I will just have to put eyes on it myself to find out.

T-Mo

To be honest, I don't know much about them either. It looks like they were made in 1971 and 1972. The CG-7 had a 7 hp, while the CG-8 had a 8 hp, both vertical shaft Tecumsehs. The CG-7 had a 4 speed, while the CG-8 had an Eaton hydro. Other than that, as Sgt. Schultz used to say, "I know nothing". :banghead:

jerrell

:banghead: OOOH Kaay, what is a CG 7 ,,,first time i have heard of this tractor, then again i never heard of a work horse until i bought one,

Rideawaysenior

I have a Charger 8 Auto that has an 8hp vert Kohler. I know that they used them in some of those applications too.

Jack

Nick

It is after 4 now so guess its to late for any more information. The picture I posted in your other post about the CG8 showed a line of Verts owned by Terry the original vert guy. If you pickup this tractor I'll be sure and ask him to stop by with some information for ya. :banghead:

bluetuna08

well...I got home from work to a really really mad wife!!!!! I had to put the kybash on the plan of picking up the cg-8.

when I started testing the waters a little she got pretty mad again. long story short, I ended up sitting on the couch watching nickelodean cartoons with my daughter who loves going for rides in the truck.

oh well...aparently 4 lawn mowers is enough.