Cali crop

Johnson workhorse 10 loader

Cali crop

Found this in my local cl ad,the guy said it belonged to his parent and had been in his barn 30+ year so I bought it with out hesitation. I gave the guy $600 all complete but missing frame mounts.0E4F5EDB-E175-488B-B86D-40479DED0F08.jpg

0FA387D5-80C1-425C-9488-243EFBCB3C2F.jpg

• Like 3

RMCIII

I'll give you $800.00 for it.

Rob

Cali crop

So I immediately start looking for a tractor to put it on with a plan to fab my own frame mount when I ran into this in cl. It almost looks like my loader was on it at one point but the two were about 100 miles away from each other. 300$ for everything,realy I just bought it for the frame mounts

D67F7EFC-5336-45A6-B8D8-9CA3C9E3F336.jpgAA33AEB1-3C19-4786-ADDD-E0F50E1F2CA5.jpg

Edited by Cali crop
  • Like 1

Cali crop

C5E09478-D436-420B-94D6-6D49F8CB62CC.jpgD9FD89FE-E761-4563-B305-CE81E6DE6622.jpg

Came with a hydraulic dump cart and a scraper its marked earthcavator fd 32

Edited by Cali crop

Cali crop

I will consider your offer rmc3. Thanks

Cali crop

Will try and start the wh875 today after I remove and clean the gas tank fingers are crossed. Will be needing parts (steering wheel,steering sector dash insert......) if anyone here can help it would be greatly appreciated

elliot ness

Wow great finds! Love those loaders! you got a nice loader @ a great price.

Theroundhousernr

Only downfall to the Johnson model 10 is the cylinder is located in the center for bucket dump. Which makes it a pain if battery is dead, checking oil, or anything under the hood. The hood will not open unless the loader is lifted up which can be dangerous and annoying. Specially when the tractor does not start. A friend has one and converted to two cylinders mounted to the frame. Much better now and will lift a ton (sarcasm, more like 500 lbs )! He also made a set of forks to attach instead of the bucket. Great find!

boovuc

That Johnson Loader is in excellent shape for it's age. Most Johnson loaders were designed for the International Cub Cadet series. Many folks have modified or scratch built their sub-frames to match a loader. It would be best to see how Wheelhorse designed their sub-frames so you can see how they mate to the fronts, mid tach a matic and the rear axle. 

rexman72

nice find

Cali crop

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. Got the engine running and hooked up the loader everything works Woo hoo. it is a bit of a pain with that bucket hydraulic in the middle but since it's not the original engine I can't put my hood on anyway bummer. It is in great shape for its age tho I wish i could say the same about the tractor. The v belt for the loader pump was a pain to find and in the end had to use a adjustable one. One ? I have is how fast should the loader rise?

• Like 1

Cali crop

880DC312-F724-4EC0-969D-960CD3BCAF23.jpg

8B595444-648E-4EE3-AE06-48F9ABC78F40.jpg

83ACBF6A-6CFF-4BDA-AF69-88FC45C42A81.jpg

• Like 3

Cali crop

Not pretty but works ok.. That pump was a thight fit. Next on the to do list is finding a steering sector any suggestions? P.s I contacted Kelly on here and he's on the search... Thanks

muz123

Nice

Theroundhousernr

I have to say I would do the same thing. Toss it together and see what I got. And to mess around with it of coarse. Can't say how fast it should go up. Kinda hard to answer unless it was timed from down to up. They are not known to be fast. Make sure you keep rpms up on the motor. How is steering with those drag bars?? Wonder if it rolled. Be careful with no weight and those narrow rear tires

Edited by Theroundhousernr
  • Like 1

Brrly1

I'd just write that as the loader that can. You got a very good buy on that!!! It is definitely do able until you find something bigger an better! Good job!!!

Jrblanke

Wow, great buy on the loader and set up!  I also want to emphasize how important it is to keep a low center of gravity!

• Like 1

Cali crop

After driving it around a while I know exactly what you mean. Thanks for the heads up guys

• Like 1

Cali crop

Had the rear hydraulic welded hope it holds up

9084F466-A322-4DAF-9849-9CDFE4356518.jpg

2A3C1B6A-3CB1-4DE2-A812-D2F409E98DFC.jpg

Edited by Cali crop
  • Like 2

Cali crop

Developed a bad leak in back of the cam block,so I decided to take the tractor apart and do some what of a restoration

0D744DA7-A36F-4CF4-9672-4DCC8ABF7B2D.jpg

54DEE400-00C8-474D-88F2-DD29975A67B7.jpg

Looks like someone had messed with these parts before

Edited by Cali crop

Cali crop

2B0E3DFB-57EB-4A8E-89D2-8498EAE28E62.jpg

The frame will be taking a trip to my buddies fab shop

Cali crop

19F6438A-6054-4E7C-939E-67C22AE67CEF.jpg

All better.

• Like 1

Cali crop

1BA25A2C-8C94-4C60-944A-0F73E84ACDCD.jpg

Sanded,primed,ready for paint

• Like 1

elliot ness

Great find, I love the loaders, I have had many of them.  Enjoy your find! :bow-blue:

Pullstart

quick work!  maybe I missed something, but what is that on the rear now?