Sign in to follow this  
bmuone

Question on hydro lift

bmuone

My WH is the 1986, 417A. I am going to hook the rear lift cable up. Do I have to remove the mower deck to do this? Seems to me that without disconnecting the mower deck, the deck and the implement on the back would go up and down together. I have not started this little project so what's the best way to get to the connection area in the front? I'm sure that it will seem simple after I do this, but right now it seems confusing. Thanks.....DT

bitten

yes I do believe that it would be easer to hook it up without the deck there. Just wait till you need it to hook it up, chances are that you will want the deck off anyways.

Sparky

Yep, the deck needs to come off, or the deck and the rear attachment will lift and lower together. but I would think if a tiller, land plow, or a set of disks were hooked up you wouldnt want the deck on anyway.

Mike.......

bmuone

Thank you bitten and Sparky.....just didnt want to take it off unless it was the best thing to do...DT

jerrell

:banghead: :USA: Hey DT, i snuck into your state a couple of weeks ago, Dangerield, and rushed right out again,, :omg: what are you hooking to the hitch, if a plow or tiller you need the mower off or the mower would drag on the broken up ground you have passed over, unless your mid hitch isdifferent than mine, you only have two things to do to drop the mower, take out 1 pin and release the pin holding the pull bar and that thing will drop right off, the ? is do you drive over the mower or pull that heavy thing out the side... :thumbs: jerry

bmuone

Good morning Jerry. You were probably within 80 miles or so of me on your trip. I have a rear blade to drag my gravel driveway. But I may get a disk for the garden someday. Been busy three weeks. We had our fourth Grandchild....the one and only Grandson (future WH owner most likely). He's a pill let me tell ya. My welder is to have the rear hitch ready next Wednesday and I figured to get the mower ready. Will post a picture when all it hooked up. Take care.....DT

jerrell

i saw a pic of your garden in a previous post, and looked good, if i may i would suggest that you look around for a plow, it will break that ground up nicely, Rx you get one that you can adjust the point of the plow to dig deeper or not.. the one i have is non-adjustable and i had to heat the slot mate and bend it into place, i don't know if WH makes one like the Brindly (ms) but that is the type to get..I am waiting for grandchildren, none yet, what kind of hitch are you having made...? jerry

bmuone

A friend gave me a hitch off an old craftsman mower. It is really heavy duty and I'm having that cut to fit on my WH. No big deal except.....welding required.....and I'm no welder. It will accept the ----[ shaped implement arm if you see what I mean. I think it's the clevis hitch style...DT

jerrell

:USA: DT check the Craig's List there in Dallas there should be all kinds of garden implements there and you can modify most to fit the WH ,,and they are pretty reasonable, lol. jerry :banghead: