Sign in to follow this  
84 400

552 wheels

84 400

I see i must of had caps lock on. the tractor is a 552.

thanks

i

T-Mo

No problem, I fixed the topic title.

linen beige

No problem, I fixed the topic title.

So you call yourself an r-teeeast huh? But can you make silly faces and noises while "dancing"? :banghead:

Ian T, Those rims are wider than the original rims for your 552. These will mount a 23x8.50x12 tire, which is wider than your stock 6x12s. If the back spacing is right they can be used, but you will have to buy wider, more expensive tires.

Look for a set of 5x12 rims to mount your original width tires. They are usually advertised as early, narrow rims. There was a rim that was even more narrow than these and mounted a 5x12 but they are pretty seldom seen. The ones you want were used on all the round hoods from '58 (Maybe even earlier?) 'til '64 and are pretty common.

T-Mo

So you call yourself an r-teeeast huh? But can you make silly faces and noises while "dancing"? :USA:

If I do any dancing, you better believe there will be silly faces and noises....and not necessary from me. :banghead:

linen beige

If I do any dancing, you better believe there will be silly faces and noises....and not necessary from me. :USA:

:banghead:

84 400

thanks alot for the info everyone! and for fixing the title :banghead::USA:

How about front rim size? I would go and look but I am away until thanksgiving and want to order some parts so that I can get rolling on this project.

thanks

T-Mo

I think Jim posted the rim size as 5 x 12.

linen beige

I think Jim posted the rim size as 5 x 12.

That's for the rear tires. The rear tire size should be 6x12, but the rim size is slightly narrower than 6 inches. Going from fuzzy memory that's about five inches? For the front the tire size should be 4x4.80x8. the rims are 8 inches diameter, x I think 3 1/2 inches width between the beads.

T-Mo

Ah, man. I missed the one key word - "front". Now I feel :imstupid:

Thanks, Jim, for pointing him in the right direction.

84 400

Thanks alot guys for clearing that up. My front rim is in pretty bad shape. the grease fitting snapped off and it is flaking rust chunks. It still has the original good year tires and I would keep them if not for the valve stem leak. maybe they wilt clean up and I can just replace the stem.

thanks again

Ian

CasualObserver

If they've got good tread then by all means keep them.... take the stem out and put a tube in them. 4x8 tubes are pretty cheap.