scotty

Rear axle bracket

scotty

Are all the rear axle brackets the same? I have one on my 1974 b-80 and i tried putting a grader blade on and it either doest reach the rear bracket or doesnt reach the attachment.

groundhog47

Could you send us a pic of blade and malfit on bracket.  The D series under axel attachment I believe is different; it has notch to front. All the others I've seen only differ in having lock pin holes in bracket and retainer and maybe the L side tiller spring angle piece.  

If unable to picture blade, is it a front push type or rear drag type? If front push I wonder if your B is long frame and blade for short frame??

Also Interchange chart shows a 7701 mounting shaft for B's on a front push, looks to mount in another hole set in a frame.

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

scotty

This is for a mid mount grader blade. I also tried a snow plow for a long frame and that didnt work either. I can get a pic tommorow morning. I believe the b80 is a long frame.

groundhog47

Ok, the mid has two options so ta speak. The mid attach-a-matic (think prop name) is where they attacn until get to the wider balde (50 +) which rear attaches. Do you have the one that has side lever to change angle or "T" handle above sector? That'll put us better at finding yours.

side handle sector lock model

"T" handle sector adjust model

pushed example which does use a different rear axle attach (prob a D)(yes and 18 auto)

Attached pic of part (bottom ) of axle hitch

post-8388-0-63468600-1425934913.jpg

Edited by groundhog47

scotty

Well this was a homeade grader blade i bought off someone. I have to get off the tractor and pull a pin to angle it. Its designed to attach to the rear axle bracket.

IMG_20150309_173751_495_zpszuayd1r6.jpg

IMG_20150309_173800_343_zpsie9heq4b.jpg

Edited by scotty

bmsgaffer

I cant help your current problem much, but thats not a half bad idea for making a mid mount grader blade!

• Like 1

scotty

The guy i bought it from said it worked great!

Trouty56

Looks like a chopped up dozer blade and frame.....it is a good idea....maybe a shortfame axle bracket would work.....I think they mount more forward than the long frame hitches...maybe not though.....

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here is a grader blade that should fit your tractor.

I have a grader that was intended for a 5xi-Series which has a longer rear frame. I cut the rear cross bar off and remounted it 24-7/8" center of the rear bar to the front of the cutting edge. I'm using it on a C-120 but can move the bar back to fit the 5xi.

It appears the fabricator used a long frame dozer blade frame that would also allow the rear cross bar to be moved ahead so it would fit a short frame tractor also. Wonder if he used it on a short frame tractor and should have left the dozer frame about 6" longer so it would fit a long frame also? Not likely the problem because you said a dozer blade would not fit either unless it was also for a short frame. Do you still have the dozer blade?

Garry

scotty

He claimed he used it on a gt-14. and i wish he would have given me the rest of it that he chopped up. I figured since it fit a GT-14 that the frame would be long enough to fit on a b-80.

groundhog47

He claimed he used it on a gt-14. and i wish he would have given me the rest of it that he chopped up. I figured since it fit a GT-14 that the frame would be long enough to fit on a b-80.

The 50" blade looks almost just like but has a side lever, will get info, but should mount up (the 50" blade) as long as not for 5xi series (longer) a good breakdown diagram; fits C series so ? B unless long frame. If its too long would have to set forward the cross bar that attaches to axle hitch. Pacer has the 5xi frame he's investigating now and may be able to get you lift point to hitch bar dimension.

Apologies Garry didn't see you already posted manual

Edited by groundhog47
  • Like 1

Forest Road

I had one plow hitch which lakes the cross bar. So the side to side spacing was off. Sometimes I'd hit it on something and screw up the spacing. I recall always having to adjust it when mounting my snow plow or grader. Could this be the case with yours? Given that it's a home made plow is the spacing off? Is it possible that you also have a home made hitch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotty

Its possible that i have a homeade hitch. I think i could just hang it with a chain to take up the gap.

Kelly

Old style bracket mounts in front of the axle, like a GT14 would, new style mounts under the axle, makes about a 2" difference, old style is wider also. 

old style on right

post-85-0-95807500-1426113003_thumb.jpg 

Old style on top (the cross bar is bent) new style on bottom

post-85-0-06655300-1426113141_thumb.jpg

• Like 1