stevasaurus

Prayers Wanted for JimD

squonk

I saw her working at the Winnebago plant in the early eighties. Her job was lifting the fridges on to the rolling chassis when the forklift broke down!  :)

• Like 3

AMC RULES

No way guys...   :angry-nono:

pretty sure these are Jim's team colors.   :thumbs:

post-3498-0-36436600-1427034382.jpg

• Like 3

JimD

Ok, time for a little humorous yet frustrating hospital patient babble. After being transferred from the 4th floor to the 3rd floor the day after I got here I found the room to be the exact opposite of the previous room. I will never admit how many hours it took stop walking into the street side Windows while trying to get to the bathroom. However it wasn't long before the calls started wanting to know when the next ,"Hot Legs" show was, and could they send over some telescopes. WTH? Someone over there got my room phone # and wanted to know where I get all my candy bars and my name. I said that the guy next door who goes by the handle "Little Debbie" and he owns the company. His phone has been ringing non-stop since. More to come later.... :) (not figuring out smileys on the kindle other than the shout box)

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Yep, I could see that happening...   :scared-eek: 

remember, you've first gotta confirm the gown back is closed before getting out of bed.  

• Like 1

squonk

The opening goes in the back????  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :)  :)  :)

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Ummm, yeah...   :teasing-poke: 

unless you're shipping them monkey banana fudgie bars, it does. 

• Like 1

squonk

Well that explains a lot then! animated-smileys-shocked-042_zpsdc34b73c 8111070642avatar_zpsqonckf2h.gif

JimD

Thankfully for all concerned I'm not using gowns. It's a full blown effort to protect my eyes as well. Lol

• Like 4

JimD

Our next bit of a chuckle came two days later when the housekeeper changed the paper towel roll in the auto dispenser. They brought some self fold towels for me. That was fine but it occurred to me I could fix it if I could get it open, but no screwdriver I was sunk. It's been out all week, till now. I found fingernail clipped in the drawer and bingo!!! Works now. They are trying to talk me nitpicking out of retirement. Can ya believe that? Uh huh, me either. lol

I must say again here that I'm in a very renowned hospital being cared for by highly skilled Doctors, and Nurses. These Nurses surely are the most dedicated, caring and compassionate people you could ask for. They are the backbone of seeing to your every need and carry out the Doctors orders to a T. May you never need a Nurse but rest assured they will be there when you do.

Later some yucks about food service. These folks are a riot.

• Like 1

squonk

You wouldn't think those food service people were a riot if you had to FIX EVERYTHING IN THE KITCHEN!!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: I swear, I could put a solid block of cast iron in the kitchen and those bozo's could break it in an hour!  :rolleyes: How does a $2000 conveyortoaster get dented up like a semi hit it? No one knows anything. took a week to get the parts replaced. Takes 3 guys to lift it up on it's stand and a kid walks by and says' Oh I knocked that off the table when I was mopping!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Sounds like you are feeling pretty good Jim.  Hey, I saw that Duke cheerleader yesterday.....they had her on a train in a stock car...the door was open and there she was yelling "Go Iowa:.  I don't think she got there in time.  :)

• Like 3

dcrage

Our next bit of a chuckle came two days later when the housekeeper changed the paper towel roll in the auto dispenser. They brought some self fold towels for me. That was fine but it occurred to me I could fix it if I could get it open, but no screwdriver I was sunk. It's been out all week, till now. I found fingernail clipped in the drawer and bingo!!! Works now. They are trying to talk me nitpicking out of retirement. Can ya believe that? Uh huh, me either. lol

I must say again here that I'm in a very renowned hospital being cared for by highly skilled Doctors, and Nurses. These Nurses surely are the most dedicated, caring and compassionate people you could ask for. They are the backbone of seeing to your every need and carry out the Doctors orders to a T. May you never need a Nurse but rest assured they will be there when you do.

Later some yucks about food service. These folks are a riot.

Amen to your nurse comments Jim -- Take an extended stay in a hospital and you figure out real quick who keeps things going for you as a patient -- And they can give you all sorts of helpful hints and clues about making your time go better

• Like 3

jackhammer

Sounds like you are feeling pretty good Jim.  Hey, I saw that Duke cheerleader yesterday.....they had her on a train in a stock car...the door was open and there she was yelling "Go Iowa:.  I don't think she got there in time.  :)

I thought you said that you saw " Duke"  cheerleading yesterday.  Heck I thought he would be getting his tractors ready   :)  :ychain:  

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Had a spectacular time today with Jim, Brrly, Stevasaurus, Koen, and 3 friends of Jim. Great stories and I think there may even be a photo or (2) of the event and maybe a "striped shirt". :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

Rob

• Like 3

stevasaurus

It was excellent talking with JimD on Skype today...a Huge Thanks to RMCIII  (Rob) for doing this.  Rob was in the room with Jim with his lap top and set it up.  Jim had a few of his friends there with him also.  We shared screens with Brrly1 and C-101plowerpower (Koen) from the Netherlands.  Here is a couple of pictures...the quality is OK, but not great.

Rob on the left and Jim on the right

post-818-0-12613100-1427234640.png

this might be a better picture

post-818-0-95275600-1427234686.png

Koen

post-818-0-91355000-1427234654.png

Prayers still with you my friend.  :)

post-818-0-31975300-1427234701.png

• Like 8

squonk

Wish I'd been home to join in. At least one of us still works! If you posted everyone's pics, you'd have quite the line up

• Like 2

RMCIII

Wish I'd been home to join in. At least one of us still works! If you posted everyone's pics, you'd have quite the line up

OH!!! Come now! I dare to challenge the "at least 1 still works". :ychain:  :angry-nono: If you really must know, I planned 2 weeks in advance, to meet Jim and Skype with Steve and anyone else that wanted to wish Jim a happy, healthy recovery..... :scared-eek: I detest that lonesome statement from a lonesome NY individual who is still looking for the way back home!!!! :ychain: No, but serious for anyone following this thread. Jim was in AWESOME spirits today. I am amazed by his joy and compassion he extends to others in his time of need.  Jim and I had a nice quiet time together...< That is not for anyone to make any SNYDE comments about. Serious, if you do, I will ask Karl to block you. I have never mentioned that in any thread. But this is different....

Jim; my heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I had the privilege to meet a wonderful, classy, optimistic, caring, loving individual today! I am the one who walked away blessed.... I look forward to the next time we can fellowship together....

Rob

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

Do you know why Iowa doesn't have beauty contests? A fluffy cow might win.

Just kidding! Thinking of you, Jim.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 3

JimD

I had a kind of length reply typed up and the post never went through. This WiFi is sketchy. Comes and goes. I can't figure out how to get saved content on th is kindle to try a repost. I know I can't remember all the gratitude I expressed for Redsquare's readiness and ability to respond with help with so much more than our Wheel Horse tractors. It was great to meet Rob and get to know him better. He's a great guy. Thank you all. :)

• Like 3

19richie66

"readiness and ability to respond with help with so much more than our Wheel Horse tractors."

When it all comes down to the nitty gritty, isn't that what it's all about? Although the tractors are the common bond, the friendship and love for fellow brothers is what is at the heart of it all. May God bless you in some way throughout all this. Take care my friend, Richie

• Like 4

squonk

Rob, did you get to sample the Hospital cuisine?  :) I spend 40-50 hours a week in a hospital. I'm sure Uncle Jim is chomping at the bit to get out. Great seeing him again and thanks to the Dino for the picture relay.

• Like 2

jackhammer

Great contribution Rob and other Skype menbers,   thanks

Jim D keep your positive attitude.

Rick

• Like 3

19richie66

Oh yeah, Agnes says. " Hey"

post-9187-0-56713100-1427284854_thumb.jp

• Like 3

shallowwatersailor

Speaking of hospital food, I had a co-worker many years ago who broke his jaw. It was wired for a time and he was on liquids. His yearning for a Burger King "Whopper" had his wife put one in a blender to bring to him. The hospital food tasted better after that!

• Like 3

RMCIII

Rob, did you get to sample the Hospital cuisine?  :) I spend 40-50 hours a week in a hospital. I'm sure Uncle Jim is chomping at the bit to get out. Great seeing him again and thanks to the Dino for the picture relay.

No - I did not have the luxury of partaking of such eloquent dainty morsels. I need an emoticon that is throwing up! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2