stevasaurus

Prayers Wanted for JimD

19richie66

Great to hear Jim. Always good when an Agnes is not involved.

stevasaurus

That is pretty good news Jim.  They got corned beef on the menu today at the hospital??  Illinois plays tonight on ESPN (9:00 EST)...NIT Tournament.  :)

JimD

No corned beef! :(

stevasaurus

Sounds like a call to Jimmy Johns is in order.  Are you able to eat real food??

squonk

Before I knew I actually had a heart issue for sure I ordered a pizza to my room at 10:30 at night!  :thumbs:

We had a big power outage on a weekend night a few years back at work. A few of us were there keeping watch of the gen sets and making sure everything stayed on line. We were outside waiting for the line crew and one guy says "who wants a pizza?" He called around until he found a place that had electricity. when they asked where to deliver it to he says "The stop light in front of the Hospital" They thought it was a prank but 20 min later we had a pizza! 767109581avatar_zpsplie8zl2.gif

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

jackhammer

Taxpayer dollars put to good use

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Jim...nice talking with you today. I will call you again tomorrow.  I typed a bunch of good stuff after this, but I did not feel it was appropriate...so I deleted it.  A hint...it was about Iowa St..  :)  So there ya go... :ROTF:   :happy-wavemulticolor: :happy-wavemulticolor:

On the FAR SIDE...RacinBob (how can I say this...without getting banned?)  is feeling like he is 21 years young...hide your daughters.  :) :) :) :) :)

That Irish University did good today.  :orcs-cheers:

Ohio St. plays this evening...go Big Ten........prayers still with you my friend.

• Like 4

JimD

Yeah Steve we have to be careful so this doesn't get moved to the Just For Fun forum for off color content. I do love a good off the wall joke too ya know. I'm pretty sure Karl is following along and I happen to know he still keeps the big eraser in his shirt pocket. LOL! You guys a r e keeping me going. You're the best. :)

• Like 2

Brrly1

Jim, it was a good thing that he deleted it, because I still know the way thru the windy city to find the Dino!!! Need to get him over here and we'll stumble up to see you, literally stumble!!! When the Dino and I get together its a site for sore eyes I'll guarantee we definitely get some laughs. Keep watching the Buckeyes did it yesterday, which is good if your a Buckeye!!! My bracket blew up. I'll find out today if it is a complete loss today. Ok, I've complained enough. See you soon!!! Have a Great day Jim!!!    John

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Well the list is getting longer of teams that are watching the games with me.  Right now...Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, Iowa St., Iowa...No, wait...Iowa is still in it.....(only because they haven't played yet) :ychain:   Koen was watching the games with me (through Skype) yesterday.  He kept taking "screen shots" of the cheerleaders when they were on TV. :)

Watching the Michigan St vs Georgia game at the moment...this is going to be a good one.  :bow-blue:   I just saw Brrly1 in a Zaxby's commercial...Holy Cow...check it out.

• Like 2

C-101plowerpower

Well the list is getting longer of teams that are watching the games with me.  Right now...Michigan, Illinois, Purdue, Iowa St., Iowa...No, wait...Iowa is still in it.....(only because they haven't played yet) :ychain:   Koen was watching the games with me (through Skype) yesterday.  He kept taking "screen shots" of the cheerleaders when they were on TV. :)

Watching the Michigan St vs Georgia game at the moment...this is going to be a good one.  :bow-blue:   I just saw Brrly1 in a Zaxby's commercial...Holy Cow...check it out.

wait, wasn't that this commercial?

2qx9pol.png

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Ya...that's John after he crosses the Mississippi.  :ychain:   :)  Northern Iowa just won their game...we will never hear the end of this.  :)

• Like 1

nylyon

With you guys, I always have one finger on the  :text-deletetopic: and the other on the  :text-banplz:

:ROTF:

• Like 4

stevasaurus

UPDATE...Good News :bow-blue:

I just got off the phone with Jim...he says the doctor is very pleased with Jim's progress.  He wanted me to convey how he was doing to everyone...and to say Thanks.  He can eat real food and he has a good appetite at the moment.  He has lost a fair amount of weight the last few weeks, but that is a good thing...approx 20+ lbs.  I know that sounds like a lot, but  it is OK for now.  Another 30 lbs and he will be a walk on for the Cleveland Browns next year...and with those legs...you are looking at the next field goal kicker.  Anyway, his doctor is very pleased with how Jim did with the first set of Kemo.  This is GREAT NEWS.  :)  See...prayers work.  :)

• Like 7

Racinbob

That certainly is great news Steve. Thanks for letting us all know.

I was thinking more along the lines of cheerleader. :happy-jumpeveryone:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 3

stevasaurus

Bob...you know white guys can't jump.  :ychain:

• Like 3

squonk

But they can fall!  :)  And cents when does Iowa have a North? Isn't it the same as the rest of Iowa?  :confusion-confused: Oh wait a minute, Minnesota is like Iowa too except they have water. :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  Maybe it's Nebraska upside down.

• Like 2

19richie66

Yay Jim!

post-9187-0-53661100-1426888451.jpg

• Like 5

Racinbob

True, but what fun it would be watching the other cheerleaders hoist him to the top of the pyramid. :eek:

• Like 3

JimD

Yay Jim!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hey, that's not a Buckeyes uniform. That's my brother, he's a Duke fan. LOL About that pyramid, ya yer gonna need a bucket truck for that little task. Nothing like a good belly laugh to start my day. If that picture starts moving it's every man for himself. If it starts to roll aim it towards Chicago. I owe a guy a picture favor out that way.
  • Like 3

tunahead72

NO WAY!  I'm a Dukie too, no way that's Duke Blue, don't try to connect that thing to us!

I vote, send it on to Chicago. :ychain:

• Like 2

squonk

Chicago has enough problems, Send it to Michigan!!  107109581avatar_zpsikexz08u.gif

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I think she belongs in Iowa...and I think we all know why.   :ychain:   She is definitely a corn fed, farm girl. :hilarious:  

• Like 2

Brrly1

:laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl: :laughing-rofl::text-banplz: :text-banplz: :angry-nono::ychain: :ychain: Those are Definitely NOT Iowa colors!!! Sorry!

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Sorry John...I think she is from some High School from around Cedar Rapids or Des Moines...check out your year book...the one from the 60's :ychain:   :)

• Like 2