Sign in to follow this  
chevelletown

C-195 fire damaged

chevelletown

This last Saturday I purcahsed a C195.:USA: The seller wanted to service it one last time and deliver it to me on Monday. When he called me Monday I was expecting a delivery time but instead he told me he was watching his garage burn. :omg: Yes, my C195 was right in the center of the flames.

He has insurance and we are tring to get a replacement value. So the question I put before this most qualified group of expert collectors is: What is the replacement value of a C195? Features include: 700 hours total about 100 hours on a fresh engine, the paint, tin and plastic fender are in excellent shape (it was always garraged), 3 point hitch and a belt drive rear PTO, the 48" deck was in excellent shape.

Is there any one qualifed to provide a statement of replacement value for the insurance company? Or is there a "blue book" for collectible tractors that we can refer to? :banghead:

pond195520032003

Ken, :omg: sorry to hear that you lost a horse R.I.P. :thumbs: anyway i dont know what to tell you, :lol: but they do sell high in decent condition :banghead: have seen them up around $2.000 in the condition you posted :USA: good luck and keep us posted :horseplay:

bowtieguy

I think BlueKnightBob can give you a reasonable figure...he has owned several and has a blue book too.....I don't know if he is a member of this forum but you can always find him on the WH Yahoo group....sorry to hear about the loss of the C-195....bet you can salvage some stuff....3 pt hitch???

I'd say bid HI cause the insurance man will just want to get the claimed closed as soon as he can....learned that the hard way one time when I bid too LOW.

BPjunk

Shoot me a e-mail I can helpout with this.

junkin@bellatlantic.net

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Docwheelhorse

Thats two 'Horses killed in a week. :banghead: Boy I thought I had trouble with my 1054 and the tree..... Burned to death certainly doesn't leave anything to fix..... :USA:

Sorry abot the 195

Tony

Suburban 550

Ken, Sorry to hear about the C-195. Hope you make out well with the insurance company. Hard loss seeing any horse destroyed. Ray

gattonde

Ken,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I just purchased a not so complete C-195 a couple of weeks ago. Been trying to gather all the missing parts to complete it.

This may not be the best time to ask this, but if the insurance company want's to sell the remains, I may be able to put them to good use.

Dan G

Southern New Jersey

baerpath

Sorry to hear about the fire. Hopefully it wasn't to hot of a fire so it's salvagable. I'd also be interested in parts if so for mine.

Duane

CasualObserver

Ken, sorry to hear that. I'm sure in your line of work you know how insurance works, and while this isn't covered by vehicle insurance, perhaps there's some tidbits of advice you could get from this topic from way, way back.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=498

DMESS

MSRP in 1984 for the C-195 sans any attachment was approx $4995. Replacement cost today would obviously be substantial for a machine of equal capability with 3 pt and rear pto.

DMESS

And out of curiosity, what year C-195 did we just loose? :banghead:

tasmi01

:USA: sorry to hear about the fire a moment of silence for downed horses :banghead:

wh500special

And out of curiosity, what year C-195 did we just loose? :banghead:

It was an 82/83.

I had looked at it and considered buying it too. Nice tractor overall and certainly better than the one I DID buy.

Steve

Raider12

Your best plan would probably look for several tractors that are of the same year and model. With similiar hours and deck size etc. Average there prices togather. This is one step I used when I come across a claim such as this. I am a "Damage Apprasier" for my living. If I can be of any further help, feel free to email me at rorrerii@aol.com.

Denver NEO

HorseFixer

:omg: Sorry to hear about the loss of yer horse :USA: I hope ya can get a BIG BUCK for your Ole' one and end up getting an even better replacement! :banghead:

Duke

Mith

Surely the value of the horse is exactly what you paid. Why isnt the guy just claiming for the amount you paid and then giving you your money back?

Otherwise, just pick a number, whats it worth to you?