Sign in to follow this  
Berkhorse

Wheelhorse rehab....

Berkhorse

Hi, my name if Jeff (everyone: "Hi Jeff") and I am a wheelhorse addict.

I really can't say where it started, it all happened so fast. I guess it went something like this.

I bought a house with 4.5 acres in beautiful New England and needed a lawn tractor. A friend owed me money and said he could pay me with this lawn tractor called a "wheelhorse 212-b" It had a kawasaki engine and electric start so I thought it was kinda cool and a good deal because of the way she just glistened in the sunshine.....

I used her for a few years and she gave me no troubles at all. Another friend of mine inherieted this old wheelhorse and had nowhere to store her so, he asked me if it was ok to keep it in my barn. It was love at first sight. She was a c175 with this easy to remove mower deck and this 42" snowplow. Built mean and tough, I wanted her right away.

Several months later, I was offered to buy her at a steal ($400.) and I hopped on it right away. I used her to push dirt around and do some rough mowing. In the winter she was invaluable for my 600' driveway.

Then it happened....................

Giving a friend a ride to his grandfathers house (who was ill) I spotted a set of ag tires connected to a uni-drive, nothing more. I asked and he said, " my grampa has all that wheelhorse stuff and he really would like to see it go". Behind the barn was as follows: a rolling c-160, a factory wh trailer, a factory vac, a 36" rototiller, a wh harrow blade with disk, two mower decks, framework for the trailer vac bag, ag tires, turf tires, front wheel weights, rear wheel weights, a sleeve hitch and two kohler 12hp engines. I asked the ailing man and he told me, "gimme a hundred bucks and take it away"

This is what happens (everyone: mmmmm) Its not our fault. This is a disease and we live with it every day. We see red and we can't help but do the wh shuffle ( we load our trucks up with all thing horse )....

Last week I picked up a 312-8 in mint shape, blowing two weeks pay at the same time (sniffle) she's gorgeous and all my implements fit so good....( room: awwww) Its just how it is.... I can't do this anymore....(room: "it ok Jeff") (last sniffle: Thanks guys) :banghead:

C-Series14

Welcome to the addiction! If you re-post this under the first section, and then in "Wheel Horse Tractors" forum, you will get a ton of welcomes and everyone can read your post. This is just a picture gallery and it may get missed by everyone. :banghead: I got addicted many years ago and have aquired alot of re dstuff, enough to fill a 24'x32' pole barn! Well, half of the barn at least... :USA:

Sparky

:banghead:

Welcome aboard Jeff!!

I moved your post to this section for more visibility.

And there is no cure for this addiction just in case your lookin for one. I aint lookin but I suspect my wife is :USA: .

Mike.........

bell

Don't worry about the addiction.... There is nothing you can do about it anyway.... lol

Just concentrate on how to explain to everybody (wife) why you need another... and another.... and another....

Pretty soon, you'll be hauling them in while everybody is at work.. They are all red, you know..... If you don't have them all out at the same time, NOBODY WILL NOTICE...... :USA:

sorekiwi

Jeff, :banghead:

There's a lot of addicts here. Myself, I dont have problems with "will power", its the "wont power" that I have problems with....

Duff

Hi, Jeff, and :USA: !

I happen to be a sober recovering alcoholic (25 years this past March 1st), so I got a real chuckle out of your "story". My old addiction darn near killed me, but this one, well, it's rejuvenated me. I guess not all addictions are bad!

Glad to have you among us, and we LOVE pictures around here! :omg:

BTW, where in New England are you?

Duff :banghead:

:thumbs:

saguaro

Welcome. Your hooked. :omg:

Pretty soon, you'll be hauling them in while everybody is at work.. They are all red, you know..... If you don't have them all out at the same time, NOBODY WILL NOTICE...... :thumbs:

:USA:

Jon. Thats too funny :banghead:

JimD

:banghead: jeff. ther is something you can take for the addiction.

JimD

it was suppoed to say BIG RED HORSE PILLS!! they go down pretty easy once you get over the hood and past the steering wheel. and congrats duff, 14 months for me. i feel better and i can see red better than ever. oh, and uh, jeff? :banghead::USA: :omg:

bowtieguy

You got it bad...but did you ever stop to think how bad your friends grandpa had it????....I'll bet he has some WH stories to tell!!

Now for me, I'm waiting for that ole GRANDMA to show up...you know the one with the ole Chevy in the basement that hasn't been driven since GRANDPA died back in 1953!!.....two seater....convertible....6 banger...

Meanwhile, I'll just keep lookin' for that faded red stuff. :banghead:

pond195520032003

Hi Jeff and :omg: glad to have you aboard :banghead: congrats on all the nice equipments for your horse :horseplay: :USA:

84 400

Wow you do have a problem. that is some nice parts.

bitten

:banghead: Jeff

Now for your problem...Go to 90 shows in 90 days, divide all your red stuff up and pass it out to the members here and keep praying to your higher power and everything will be alright :USA:

Acutaly it doesnt sound like you have it that bad YET. But as long as everything else in your life is being taken care of go out and get more STUFF(wife calls it junk that she doesnt think I need).

P.J.

KyBlue

:USA: it gets easier, thou Spending two weeks pay never seems to get any easier! haha

It sounds like youve already got quite the collection, that would make most (myself included) On here jealous.. :banghead:

linen beige

Now for me, I'm waiting for that ole GRANDMA to show up...you know the one with the ole Chevy in the basement that hasn't been driven since GRANDPA died back in 1953!!.....two seater....convertible....6 banger...

Not to get :banghead: , But a guy that went to high school with my dad bought his wife a new '56 Thunderbird. It was one of very few with 3 deuces. It got a small dent in the front panel from a shopping cart and she decided to stop driving it for fear of it getting beat up. it's been sitting in his garage since 1956! It has less than 1000 miles on it! She has been gone for at least twenty years and he says his kids can sell it when he's gone. His son has BOTH my phone numbers.

KyBlue

WOW!!!! Thats all I can say... I know where a few mustangs are parked..>Rotting and there used to be a vette here in town that was under a tarp, the kid got killed overseas and the parents couldnt let it go...

We redid a vette at the shop not long ago that came from a whse in New York, matching numbers, approx 35000 miles ... just needed painted, but it got blown totally apart and totally redone, every nut and bolt...

Okay we're officially off topic.. Shame on us!

Duff

But a guy that went to high school with my dad bought his wife a new '56 Thunderbird. It was one of very few with 3 deuces. It got a small dent in the front panel from a shopping cart and she decided to stop driving it for fear of it getting beat up. it's been sitting in his garage since 1956! It has less than 1000 miles on it! She has been gone for at least twenty years and he says his kids can sell it when he's gone. His son has BOTH my phone numbers.

Well, not to continue :banghead: too much longer, there was an old lady here in town who had the third T-bird off the '57 assembly line - jet black and gorgeous car it was! We drooled over it for years around here. She drove it until the week she died and took immaculate care of the car (she passed in the mid-'70's).One story is Ford actually ended up with the car for their museum. Another has it a lcoal Dentist bought it for his collection. Never been able to confirm either.

I keep hoping for a WH 312-series to show up that got squirreled away right after it was bought..........

Duff :USA:

baerpath

Just concentrate on how to explain to everybody (wife) why you need another... and another.... and another....

Pretty soon, you'll be hauling them in while everybody is at work.. They are all red, you know..... If you don't have them all out at the same time, NOBODY WILL NOTICE...... :USA:

If you get lucky she'll start buying them herself. Mine bought a 69 GT14, 953 and a 1054 so far on her own :banana: :banana:

Duane

Buzz

If you get lucky she'll start buying them herself. Mine bought a 69 GT14, 953 and a 1054 so far on her own :banana: :banana:

Duane

Duane, does she let you drive them or are you only allowed to fix them for her? :banghead: :USA:

HorseFixer

:omg: Berkhorse! WoW & A Great Story! the only thing that could be better is if that happened to ME! :USA: well welcome to the addiction! Better start planning the addition to a add on barn! :banghead:

Cheers Duke

linen beige

One story is Ford actually ended up with the car for their museum. Another has it a lcoal Dentist bought it for his collection. Never been able to confirm either.

Contact the research staff at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn Mich. They should be able to look up the original V.I.N. in seconds (It won't be number three, the 'Birds were built along a line with the full size sedans.) If it is in their inventory they will tell you they have it. If it is registered anywhere, they will be able to tell you where.

The South Carolina museum in Columbia has a Model T Ford with less than eighteen miles on it. The story is that when the salesman delivered it he was trying to teach the buyer to drive it. When it started to veer off road the farmer/student could only yell "Whoa" and it went into a ditch and against a fence before stopping. The farmer pulled it into his barn with a mule and it sat there for the rest of his life before being donated to the museum.

That has me convinced there is a Pond out there somewhere that has been in a barn for fifty plus years, waiting for pops to get up the nerve to try riding it again.

dgjks6

Not to get back to tractor stuff, but there was a 420 SLE on ebay a few weeks ago that had 7 hours on it. I think it got up to $2500 but didn't meet the reserve.

buckrancher

Hi Jeff

good story :banghead:

great place great people and lots of info too

:omg:

:USA:

baerpath

Duane, does she let you drive them or are you only allowed to fix them for her? :omg::thumbs:

little :banghead: but

Shoot Buzz she buys them, picks them up, works on them, works with them. Some times I get to drive them too

She has no problem digging in no matter what the job. :USA:

Duane

joebob

:banghead: Great story thank god I dont have it bad yet ,only 13 tractors in 6 months, hate to see someone who has it bad, hey wait a minute :omg: HELP does anybody have a wheelhorse for sale :USA: