Wheel Horse Collector

Pulley Swap!!!

Wheel Horse Collector

Well finally starting on my raider 10 project. But I decided to do a little something different with this one. I'm gonna take off the belt guard and put a seven inch pulley on the front and put an inch and a quarter on the back. Hopefully make an increase in speed :).  Then I've got a buddy that has made a couple custom belt guards for wheel horse so if I end up ruining the other one when I cut it, then I can have him make me one. I cant wait to try it. I'll try to post some pics when I'm finished

Agage1

I've done quite a few pulley swaps on novelty tractors for my kids. With a 7" drive pulley and a 114" trans pulley, you will gain speed but it'll take forever to get there seeing that you sacraficed all your torque. I'm working on one now that I put a 18 HP vanguard in, it has a 4" drive pulley with like a 2" trans pulley and its scary fast but it still has torque.

Wheel Horse Collector

Ya that was my other concern because I've got another one with a pulley swap and when I'm moving I've got to tap on the clutch and shift up to gain speed. If I were to just pop it into third right away, it would take along time to gain speed.