Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

36" mower deck

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  Hi I have a deck # 75-36 XR 01 1977 B-80 I found a # 8969 Kit # but can not find any blades?? Is there a newer # that will fit this 36" deck. any info would be nice so I need new blades = original one are on there now = bad shape. Thanks for your help.  Gary   B...

gwest_ca

8969 is a 3-blade set and the only new blades you will find. Still show as available from Toro.

Garry

Changed this to 3-blade set.

Retired Wrencher

8969 is a 2-blade set and the only new blades you will find. Still show as available from Toro.

Garry

what is the # Gwest. I do not know it.

groundhog47

The 8969 set has the 9188 (2ea outer 12") and 9187 (1ea middle 14") double d blades:

Blade chart shows 8969 and 101335 for 77yr 75-36xr01-02, almost sure still have both sets in ad. Also Toro parts shows if you put in 9188 supercedes to 8969 set and lists the 9187 also but on older model. Then 8969 shows on blade chart.

post-8388-0-28048300-1424036861_thumb.jp

Edited by groundhog47

gwest_ca

Don't know how you are getting that

Gwest wrote - 8969 is a 3-blade set and the only new blades you will find. Still show as available from Toro.

Garry

doc724

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago.  I did not want to pay the Toro cost, so I hunted around and found a suitable blade from Du-Cuts Power Equipment Warehouse.  The only difference is that the hole in the middle is round, not the double D as shown in groundhog47's pix.  As we all know, the round hole works just fine as the double D has been omitted since 1979 and the friction of the nut and washer clamping them tight is sufficient.

groundhog47

Don't know how you are getting that

Gwest wrote - 8969 is a 3-blade set and the only new blades you will find. Still show as available from Toro.

Garry

In manuals, page 3, item 14, reference notation bottom of parts list = 8969 (9188, 9187), 101335 (10777, 10776) 

gwest_ca

Sorry - groundhog

I was replying to T1257's post before your's and you beat me.

Garry

groundhog47

Sorry - groundhog

I was replying to T1257's post before your's and you beat me.

Garry

No prob, we are all in the same help mode and our dual efforts helped a member with a question and we simultaneously responded :handgestures-thumbup:

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh:  Ok Guys but in the file it shows a newer model and different #`s. Just saying. but thanks. And there is no after market blades for this model?

gwest_ca

Here is your deck's IPL. There are 2 different sets of blades listed but one set is for side discharge.

When you have a deck model number the blade chart is handy

There may have been aftermarket blades at one time but none to be found now and I've looked hard.

Garry

doc724

I case you are wondering what is the difference between side and rear discharge blades, side discharge are "high lift" blades, meaning the wing on the back side of the blade is at a greater angle, likely 30 degrees to keep the clippings up in the air so they can be blown out the side.  Low lift blades have maybe a 15 degree wing.  I think you can use a high lift blades on a rear discharge but a low lift blade on a side discharge deck may not give satisfactory performance.

gwest_ca

After all that I was wrong. I fat fingered my search and looked for the wrong blades

This is what I have for 8969

Napa L&R # 7-04529 Center # 7-04530

Oregon Gator blades na

Suspect 2 of Oregon 91-808 and 1 of 91-809 will work

Garry

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

After all that I was wrong. I fat fingered my search and looked for the wrong blades

This is what I have for 8969

Napa L&R # 7-04529 Center # 7-04530

Oregon Gator blades na

Suspect 2 of Oregon 91-808 and 1 of 91-809 will work

Garry

Qwest I will give Napa a try thanks.