wallfish

Sick of snow

wallfish

Snowblower is taking a real beating this year. The wooden tensioner on the 2 stage has worn out, Chain was stretched and thrown off so that needed to be replaced too, belt has been thrown off a few times in the heavy plow drifts at the end of the driveway and the bearings are worn again. I've had enough for this year but It just keeps coming a foot or two at a time.

Crappy pic through a front window

post-658-0-87748000-1423503394_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

bmsgaffer

I would be MORE than happy to take a foot or two off of your hands.

Our highest snowfall this year at once was 4" and that was in November when the ground was so warm most of it melted. :sad-pacing:

Forest Road

Bummer! Sooo hows that snow cab holding up? Assume you're referring to the bearings on sides of front augers? I wasn't impressed w the OEM. Next time I plan on going w a greasable carrier bearing

Hang in there. Only 6 weeks to go

wallfish

Come at take as much as you want bmsgaffer! We've only had about 5 inches total until a few weeks ago and now it's over 83 total, and still coming down hard.

Cab is holding up well Kevin. One of the best purchases I ever made! That glass windsheild with the wiper makes all the difference too.

And yes, the OEM auger bushings are crap (and expensive) but will be replaced with real bearings instead of bushings. Plus the shaft bearing at the rear sprocket is now worn so it looks like a complete overhaul is in order once it warms up. Just hoping it can make it through this winter.  M18 Kohler has been working overtime and real hard too.

Hope it's only 6 weeks to go, we've had a foot deep storm in April before so it's not over up here until mid May.

• Like 1

Coadster32

You guys are getting whacked for sure up there. Low snowfall total, but lots of ice here on the coast of CT. I like the wood carving.

Pollack Pete

I'm ready to cry uncle with this white crap.Snowed here all day and hasn't stopped yet.My back yard was closing in with 5 foot high piles.I just moved everything 20 feet back with my Ford 1710 with 5 foot blower on the 3 point hitch.All my machines are getting way too much of a work-out this year.6 months from now we'll be bitchin' that it's too hot.Never happy........

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Those pictures are over the top. This year in our neck of the woods has been easy. Dont envy you at all. And your right on the cab comment. Me,,still looking. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn

music100

Is this a bad time to say we haven't had any. Maybe a little someday though

KC9KAS

I really feel sorry for you folks in the North and North-East part of the USA...You have been hammered several times this season.

AMC RULES

New shed there John?  

wallfish

Just a little over 3 years for the shed. Waited a year for it to patina just a little and then sprayed it with a sealer. Probably need to do it again this year.

Here's a pic of the deck now which was cleared of 2 ft + last week

post-658-0-23611000-1423527963_thumb.jpg

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

Tim

John it will get better

it has to.....

over all I've been lucky

I had a front tire fall off in the blizzard. the clip was still in the cap, was down about 20 minutes

I threw a chain on the blower, this was my fault I should have realized it was loose when I saw sparks as I was teaching my wife to use it.

luckily I still had enough to replace it.

I did go online and order another 10 feet with master links when I was done. nothing worse than something breaking and not having the parts

for $20, it's a cheap insurance policy,

these things are worth their weight in gold right now

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   I think I see the problem, you have held up "Old Man Winter" as an idol on an alter; what would you expect; lots of snow! Put up a Tropical Teekie in his place and winter will be over.  :ROTF:   :text-lol:   Probably take six weeks to get close enough to set up a ladder to do it!  :ROTF: 

Hope things get better soon.

• Like 2

wallfish

HA, I'd put on a grass skirt and do a hula dance up there if I thought it would work! 

rexman72

these storms have been coming for three weeks straight now and we have another one Thursday coming.

Hodge71

I am not sick of snow, I am sick of everyone around me getting snow and me missing out almost every time. I have a 2 inches of solid ice on my 1/2 mile long driveway....now that I am sick of

• Like 2

MaineDad

"Uncle" I said "Uncle"

Ken B

Snow sux period...

• Like 2

Forest Road

Snow sux period...

X2

• Like 1

dcrage

I for one am GLAD I haven't had to push any snow so far this year! -- Still have plenty of time to get dumped on here in MO though

Retired Wrencher

:USA:  :wh: I know what u mean John. I am not as bad as u only 3' + feet on the ground. I am so glad I bought the Pro series Ariens last year what a beast. John lets hope we have a mild March. Take care and hang in there. Gary   B...

Edited by T1257

Lane Ranger

One daughter's  front yard in Medford, Mass.  on Sunday !

post-339-0-64763400-1423659250_thumb.jpg

Other daughters trip to beach with granddaughter in Corpus Christi, Texas  last week  - 78 degrees!

post-339-0-36100900-1423659492_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Wheel-N-It

John, You need to come on down to North Carolina and leave all that snow behind ! Don't forget to bring your Dad, and the Wheel Horse stuff LOL

• Like 3