pstlouis

520/kwick way loader

pstlouis

I'm sure this info has been said before. But I cannot find it...I have a 520hc with quick way loader I put on in the fall. What would be the max weight I could lift with it? I have duel loaded tires and a weight box on the back, so I'm not worried about it tipping, I just don't want to break the font axle or loader. Also, how hard would it be to put on a gear reduction steering setup? I've had my 36" tiller in the bucket and it didn't like turning very much.

MalMac

I am not sure on the lift capacity. On my Ark I have lifted between 300 and 400. I thought I was over extending it when I did. As far as converting over to steering reduction. You will need everything from the complete front axel and spindles, rims, tie rods, to the steering reduction itself and steering shafts both upper and lower. I converted a 90 520 and a 414-8. There have been several other members that have done the same. You will have to do alittle grinding on the upper lift arm as it will interfere with the steer reduction just slightly.

Theroundhousernr

He said its an HC so the way I understand stand it. It will all ready have the swept forward axle. So you would just need the gear reduction setup.

doc724

The Kwik Way manual lists capacity at 350 pounds.  It will probably lift more, but I suspect it is a safety issue.  They also recommend to inflate the front tires to 20 psi (up from the normal 12 psi for grass cutting etc).  It does make a difference.  Make sure you are using 4 ply tires, not the cheap 2 ply ones that were OE tires.

MalMac

I stand corrected he did say it was a HC. Only will need the steering reduction itself plus the steering shafts. Little cheaper to gather all the parts. Still some labor involved though. For front end loader use, it's almost a must. I have used my FEL without steering reduction and it can be done. Always must be very vigilant as to not force the steering or you will break something.

Forest Road

Max capacity is a tough call. 300-500 lbs safely. Mine is on an Xi and I don't push it. I'd rather take an extra trip than break something.

Have you tried the Firestone TRI rib tires? I've installed them on a 314H. Much less steering effort with the 2 stage blower.

• Like 1