Trouty56

Can this thrower be converted to side pto???

Trouty56

Nice tall shoot but for a maybe a vertical....can it be converted easily?  Bolt on parts?

post-1933-0-69020700-1423270185.jpg

post-1933-0-82066700-1423270169.jpg

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Looks like a nice easy project to me Bob.

Move the left bearing up where it belongs and adjust the chain length and slot to fit.  Cut the center bearing plate off at the housing and move it over to the left and up to the correct location to match the PTO.  Of course you need to cut the jack shaft at the center and extend its length.  Get a piece of pipe that has the correct ID to fit the OD of the shaft. Weld it together,  Add a belt tension pulley and blow some snow.         

:twocents-02cents:

Edited by ekennell

Trouty56

Thanks Ed....gonna see about getting this thing.....

TT

There's not enough "meat" on the top rear corner of the left side plate to just move the jackshaft up to the garden tractor compatible location. You will have to add metal in that area.

The mounting bracket can be modified, but is different than the garden tractor version. (straight & no hole for the tensioner assembly  - might even be shorter?)

The chain tensioner / idler sprocket arrangement it totally different too.

post-33-0-30247200-1423280889_thumb.png

Trouty56

There's not enough "meat" on the top rear corner of the left side plate to just move the jackshaft up to the garden tractor compatible location. You will have to add metal in that area.

The mounting bracket can be modified, but is different than the garden tractor version. (straight & no hole for the tensioner assembly  - might even be shorter?)

The chain tensioner / idler sprocket arrangement it totally different too.

attachicon.gif79263.png

Thanks for the input Terry.....my fab skills are not very good.....in this case I'm sure it could be done....but most likely not by a guy like me.  I was hoping for a more...bolt on conversion type of thing....  Thought maybe it was the same blower...just different hardware.....

Edited by Trouty56

squonk

If a knot head like me can convert a horizontal Allis-Chalmers blower to fit a vertical Toro/ Wheel Horse 210-H anything is possible!  :)

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Thanks Ed....gonna see about getting this thing.....

If you don't go for it Bob, I may be interested if it is close and the price right.  :text-thankyouyellow:

• Like 1

Trouty56

If you don't go for it Bob, I may be interested if it is close and the price right. :text-thankyouyellow:

I'll pm you....