allensmall

What size belt?

allensmall

I have a 6-6211 blower that I'm using on my '86 310-8.  During the last storm the belt broke and now I am looking for a new belt.  I thought it was the 9750 so I went and got one (aftermarket) but it doesn't fit..  I then realized that I need a 1/2" belt and not a 5/8" belt.  I took the pieces of the old belt and put them together and it seemed to measure about 71 inches.  I tried looking up the 6-6211 parts list and while i did find it, it did not list which belt I need.  The PDF that had the parts list for the 6-6211 had parts lists for a couple other blowers and they listed the 1576 (1/2x70) belt for the other blowers.  Is that the belt that I need? Trying to avoid having to make multiple trips to get a belt.  

gwest_ca

The 6-6211 is the basic unit and required 6-9113 completing package for the long frame tractors.

Wheel Horse 9750 is 5/8" x 69"

Gates 6969

Napa 5L690W

Garry

Adding - belt goes on the smaller outer pto pulley

allensmall

That's interesting because that is the size belt that I bought (aftermarket because dealer was out) but I can't seem to get it to fit in the front pulley on the blower.  I removed all three bolts that hold the shaft in place and there is still not enough play to get that belt on.  It also seems like the belt is too big for the pulley. Maybe I'm not doing something right to get it around the front pulley?

gwest_ca

Try loosening the bolts on the other end of the shaft. May allow the bearing to turn just enough.

Garry

allensmall

Took me about an hour and lots of 4 letter words but I got the belt on and there is no way it can be the right size belt. there was not enough clearance to get all 3 bolts back in that hold the shafts in place. I was desperate so I did try it with just 1 of the 3 bolts in place and it lasted foe about 15 minutes before the belt popped off. I'm thinking I need the 1/2 x 70 bel. For what's it's worth I called the local dealer and they told me it was the 5/8 x 69 belt.

gwest_ca

The 6-9113 is for the models with the front quick hitch.

By chance does your completing kit have a 5/8" rear cross bar to go into the quick hitch?

Prior to 1973 they used this package

It has bushings and long bolt that goes into the sides of the tractor frame. This makes the snowthrower rear frame longer.

Garry

allensmall

It does not have the bar for the quick hitch.  After some modification I was able to bolt it through the frame. 

I made a quick trip to Napa during the storm this morning and I got a 1/2 x 69 belt and it worked perfectly. The old belt was stretched and worm was measuring closer to 71" but 69 was all Napa had and it seems to be working perfectly.  

Edited by allensmall