Sign in to follow this  
.5racer

Flitting ?

.5racer

Anybody got a link for flitting to make an auger ? 2,3,or 4" if possible. Going to make sand spreaders for my trucks right after the log splitter is done.

Thanks !

Nick

If this is for spreading road grit/sand then have you tried www.plowsite.com Might find someone there who has built one.

What kind of trucks do you run? Also I never heard someone ask for flitting. :banghead: :USA:

.5racer

Sorry I guess its spelled fliting ,,, ? . We use them all the time at work to make augers . Got the site from work today so I'm looking it up later tonight . Plan is to make an auger to push sand salt mix to back of truck in a plywood V box and drop on a spinner . All DC powered and variable controlled from cab. Thats the plan anyway, I know they make them allready , But I cant afford a 5 to 6 thou system right now and the money that could be made is unreal !!!

.5racer

Just an update . Sorry about the spelling ,I guess its FLIGHTING,,,lol. Check this site out ! http://www.rfsaugerflighting.com/replace.htm

Sent an e-mail to get a qoute.

jerrell

:omg: Hey Terry, have you thought of going to the farm auctions this fall, they always (almost) have the small augers for sale, just cut it down to what you need and cut some square holes in the covering, :USA: just a thought... :banghead:

(thinking of making a mid grader also, what did you use to make the blade out of,)

.5racer

I got two 6" augers now for free . Think I"ll have to cut them down.

The grader blade I"m makeing was cut from a floor trough ( spelling), but you could use a piece of angle and a piece of pipe to make the same thing.