grnlark

Spare Tire Mount for My Trailer

grnlark

I was suprised to find that there were no high quality spare tire mounts for the front of my enclosed trailer without drilling holes in the front of the trailer itself. That was ridiculous to me. I wasn't going to go at the front of my trailer with a drill. So, I decided to build my own bolt-on. I had it powder coated and came out exactly the way I wanted it.

post-2562-0-05289400-1422200708_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-34617000-1422200724_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-03948100-1422200746_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-95638500-1422200758_thumb.jp

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Looks better than factory Matt.   :bow-blue: 

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Nice job grnlark

What's the rest of the trailer look like?

Sent from my tractor seat.

• Like 1

dclarke

I like that, nice job Matt!

• Like 1

stevebo

Wow... that trailer looks to be awful dry.... lol Nice work for sure !!

• Like 1

grnlark

Nice job grnlark

What's the rest of the trailer look like?

It's just a 5x8 but it's the perfect size for going to shows and being more than manageable around the house. The best part is the drop axle which allows it to fit in a regular garage door opening so I don't have to leave it outside all the time. 

post-2562-0-71160800-1422325293_thumb.jp

post-2562-0-34616800-1422325336_thumb.jp

fireman

Sweet trailer Matt!

Ken B

Nice Matt. Love the spare tire carrier mod and the sexy rims and tires..

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Wow! Now I've got tire/rim envy. [emoji7]. That's a great looking trailer Matt. [emoji122]. Looks like you have plenty of tie down locations too. How often do you need to use the wall locations and how many tractors can you haul in it?

Edited by Fun Engineer

Sparky

Looks great Matt!

Towing it with a Subaru??

Mike........

jackhammer

Innovative and fundamentally sound,,  Mike it  looks great .

grnlark

Wow! Now I've got tire/rim envy. [emoji7]. That's a great looking trailer Matt. [emoji122]. Looks like you have plenty of tie down locations too. How often do you need to use the wall locations and how many tractors can you haul in it?

I lucked out finding a guy on Craigslist local that had two brand new rims still in the boxes that were the exact width and bolt pattern I needed. I bought the tires at Sears cheap and there it was. As for the attachment tracks, they are e-tracks that I bought through US Cargo Control online. They were the cheapest place around and shipped 8 foot sections without issue. I set the tracks up thinking long term. I put tracks on the walls etc assuming that some day I'd be using the trailer for something other than tractors and wanted points of attachment everywhere. I can fit one regular tractor and one small tractor in it or four Hillers :)

Looks great Matt!

Towing it with a Subaru??

Mike........

Mike, the Subie is long gone. I have a Jeep.

Edited by grnlark

grnlark

If you look in the pic above showing the inside, you can see along the top of the front wall I have a stainless steel pocket shelf. I wanted somewhere to keep a roll of paper towels, tools, rags or whatever. I bought a 42" bartending speed rail online. That's the stainless steel pocket shelf that hangs off the front of a bartending ice well and holds all the liquor bottles. As you can see, I bartended for over ten years. They are cheap, stainless and perfect for trailer storage.

Edited by grnlark

Fun Engineer

Thanks Matt. That e-track on the walls is helpful to haul furniture. [emoji106]

Ken B

Matt, I'm old school. Can ya fix me a Tom Collins? :ychain:

grnlark

Matt, I'm old school. Can ya fix me a Tom Collins? :ychain:

a.k.a. Gin Sour. You betcha!

stevebo

I like that idea of the bar well. Back in the day I had a few too many when I was bar backing in college and accidently rolled a hand truck of several cases of beer into one of those wells... you know how that does. They usually do a good job if you avoid knocking them over... lol  I may look into one of those myself.

grnlark

I like that idea of the bar well. Back in the day I had a few too many when I was bar backing in college and accidently rolled a hand truck of several cases of beer into one of those wells... you know how that does. They usually do a good job if you avoid knocking them over... lol  I may look into one of those myself.

That's funny because yeah, those straps that hold the rail to the well are not great. If you clip the rail just right the whole thing hits the floor - bottles and all! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Coadster32

Pretty friggin sweet trailer. Great idea and fab work on the spare tire holder. :handgestures-thumbupright: