alswagg

Repainting, D Loader / Backhoe. Color choice

alswagg

I am thinking of repainting the D Loader/Backhoe.  I know red was the the original color, but I sure like the color of Black.  I was thinking of mostly black with red trim ie the graphics.  White rims ect.  I have not completely decided.  I can paint nearly any color.  I will be using Awl Grip marine paint, single stage.  This is extreamly durable paint, very similar to "Imron" by Dupont, same properties, but differant company.  Azkon Noble. aka PPG. 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Its your tractor so what ever color you want...well except for Green :)

KC9KAS

As stated, it is your machine, but BLACK  will show dirt worse than the RED.

JackC

It should look original so the tractor must be red in my opinion.  The loader and backhoe can be black unless they came in red only.  If you paint it green and yellow you will lose many points. The only other choice I would consider is Army Olive Drab or camouflage so it will look war ready. Maybe even mount a machine gun and radio antenna on it? Paint it pink and I guarantee you it will get stoned.  JMHO

Edited by JackC

alswagg

So you know this is a working machine. Not a trailer queen show horse. It must be functional I can paint it red but I like the black horse

JackC

Maybe take a picture and use a photo editing program to see how it looks in different colors.  If it is not red and you go to sell it you could lose some buyers.

Digger 66

B L A C K . ( flat preferably ) .

With NO stickers , tags , badges or other nonsense . :greetings-clappingyellow:  

Edited by Digger 66

alswagg

I have only seen photos of two other d series back hoe/loader. One on this site and another on YouTube.

I just installed a power steering system.