Sign in to follow this  
perry

King of Obsolete

perry

for those of you who dont know of the King, click HERE

hey tickster, been to the king's site lately ?. been awhile since i checked in. here is another great adventure from the King of Obsolete :banghead: . Brrrrrrrr it sounds to darn cold there for me. would make are winters feel like summer.

The Rocket Tour

Rollerman

Yep Perry I check in about every other day.

I've even ordered a book.

The guy has more old crawlers than some of us have tractors. :banghead:

For anyone who hasn't been to the Kings site...it gives a lot of interesting detail in how freight was moved up to those remote locations up north.

Just consider or think of it...useing a dozer to crawl across frozen lakes & rivers hauling tons of freight on sleds behind you....no cabs on the dozer either since it trap an operator in the wet.

Be about like me ice fishing off my roller...no thanks.

BairleaFarm

Some one posted that over at MTF awhile ago. Hes actually a member there. Cool site. id forgotten about it so thanks for posting so I can look at the updates.

Buzz

Put this under the heading "It's a small world". I grew up in southern NJ. My best friend was Tony Van Hook. In the 60's when I went to war, Tony and his wife (he was 15 and she was 14 when they got married :banghead: ) became flower children. One day they dropped the kids off ant her Mom's and took off in their hippie van to see the country. made a wrong turn somewhere and ended up at the end of the world......Lynn Lake. They fell in love with the people and the place. Eventually Tony became a union electrician and made sure he didn't work during July and August so he could camp all summer in Lynn Lake. He said the ice was usually off the lakes by July 4th and started freezing up again by Labor Day. Later on they bought a house in town and planned on wintering over at least once when he retired. He died of cancer a few years ago and never wintered over. Sadly I never found the time to go with him to Lynn Lake. Beautiful country but maybe i'm too civilized now (or old) to enjoy it. I wonder if the King and Tony ever met? They were both "free spirits".