Sign in to follow this  
Duff

Experts - help needed, please!

Duff

Hi, guys!

If someone who knows maroon stripes has a minute, could you please dial up eBay Item #330280454358 and tell me if it looks correct? It's the motor I'm not sure of - seller indicates it's all original but the coil, muffler and air cleaner don't look anything like the one on my 312-8!

23 hours left on the auction, so I can't sit on the proverbial fence too long. Also, I asked the seller for the ID number for the machine two days ago but he's either not watching his auction or ducking the question.

Thanks much!

Duff :banghead:

Duff

Thanks, Mike! :USA:

You're not bidding on it are you, since it's right up the road from you and just down the road from me? :omg:

Thanks!

Sparky

No I'm not after it. Its all yours pal :banghead: . But if you win it and need a snow-blower attachment.............................. :USA:

Mike......

DMESS

It looks correct to me (other than the chrome muffler being MIA) and, yes it is an '86. Wish it was close to home as that is exactly what I'd like in place if my 310-8. It looks to be in fantastic condition although the Eaton 700 is the weak link with these particular models. As a mowing machine and for light snow removal it would be quite satisfactory.

Duff

It looks correct to me (other than the chrome muffler being MIA) and, yes it is an '86. Wish it was close to home as that is exactly what I'd like in place if my 310-8. It looks to be in fantastic condition although the Eaton 700 is the weak link with these particular models. As a mowing machine and for light snow removal it would be quite satisfactory.

Hi, Dustin.

Thanks for the info and encouragement! It's less that 4 hours to the end of the auction and I've still got the high bid (smiley with crossed fingers)!

If I get it, it will become my mowing tractor, and my 312-8 will become my plowing/grading/towing tractor with the set of ags I've already got mounted on spare rims.

I've got to take the missus out to dinner now, so I hope I'll come home to the message we all know and love: "You've won!". :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

KyBlue

Good luck..its up to 500! Hope thats still your bid!

DMESS

Best of luck. It looks like a keeper. :banghead:

Sparky

Dang, you didnt win it :USA: . The guy who did win it is a bum ( not a Redsquare member) and I suspect we will see it listed again for way more than he paid. Or maybe he was just a bid pusher and ended up as hi-bidder :banghead: . I caught him redhanded pushing the bid in an auction I was interested in a few years back and called him on it. He couldnt deny it but did get real nasty in e-mails.

If he was pushing it it'll be relisted with some lame excuse about the hi-bidder unable to complete the transaction or that the hi-bidder entered the wrong amount.

I dont like to "bash" someone on a forum but this guy is a bum and deserves all the negative publicity he can get. And I dont want to see anyone on this forum getting scammed.

I feel very strongly about it as you can see.

Mike..........

DMESS

Sorry you didn't get it Duff. I was pulling for you! :banghead:

taycotrains

I gotta agree with Mike (sparky) on this one !

The winning bidder is a creep....about 4 years ago I listed a

really nice original condition 551...I listed it for $450 "BUY IT NOW"

I had listed for about a hour and he did the BIN...2 days go by and I never hear from the guy.

I finally get his number and call him and he says ...

"oh my back hurts I cant drive down to jersey to get it...I been having headaches

and nausea" and blah blah blah just a lot of exscuses.

I told him to stop playing on the computer like a 8 year old and do not ever bid on any of my stuff again.

I later banned him from my auctions.

LOSER !!!

BT

JimD

:USA: you're right sparky, he's a bum. the same one that had the million dollar 753 that has come all the way down to 1100.00 and still won't sell. looks like wheelhorse buufs are ... ontuhim!! so i'll apologize in advance to the member and the mods for this post cause i'm not into bashing people either. but if getting the word out keeps one hard working, helpful redsquare member from being ripped off the it will be worth the chewin i'm gonna get. :lol::banghead::lol::thumbs::omg: WHERE' MY BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE?

Duff

Thanks, guys, for the condolences. I wanted that tractor - $650 worth. But as you may have seen, it sold for $1056 which I simply couldn't justify [read], even with the great condition and the leaf blower attachment. I got home from taking the wife out to dinner (first time in months, and she deserves much more - great gal!) and my jaw dropped when I saw what had happened. :thumbs:

If the character who bought it relists it with a reserve higher that what he paid, I'll be surprised - or maybe not from what I'm reading among the posts here. If he goes through with the deal and pays the seller, then I guess the seller should be pretty happy with the outcome.

At any rate, no hard feelings on my end. It wasn't meant to be this time, and I'm sure there's another nice A-type maroon stripe out there somewhere that I can afford, within driving distance, and in need of a loving home!

Best wishes always, guys, and :USA:

Edited post: Thanks, Duane, for the leads. I think Ill make some calls in the morning! :omg:

linen beige

Funny, I knew who y'all were talking about without looking first. And check out the bid history. Someone bumped it over $400 on HIM with six seconds left. Maybe we aren't the only ones on to his game.

Sparky

And heres the best part. Ontoyou (buyer) left negative feedback for the 312-A :USA: .

"The seller lied abought the amount of hours on the engine, Tractor was crap. ontuyou ( 713) Oct-27-08 16:55

Wheel Horse 312A Hydrostatic Tractor (#330280454358) US $1,056.00 "

I guess what goes around comes around and Ontoyou just got his...hehehe

Mike........

PS...how ya feelin now Duff :banghead:

Duff

And heres the best part. Ontoyou (buyer) left negative feedback for the 312-A :D .

"The seller lied abought the amount of hours on the engine, Tractor was crap. ontuyou ( 713) Oct-27-08 16:55

Wheel Horse 312A Hydrostatic Tractor (#330280454358) US $1,056.00 "

I guess what goes around comes around and Ontoyou just got his...hehehe

Mike........

PS...how ya feelin now Duff :omg:

How do I feel? Well.......unless the photos of the machine were retouched, and there were plenty of them, they certainly suggested it was solid. As to the number of hours - can't judge that: I never saw the hour meter myself. :D

What bothers me is why, if Ontoyou is the ba*tard he's reported to be, should we trust his feedback or anything else about him? :USA:

So here's my take: he got into a bidding war with somebody, somehow won when he didn't expect to at much more than he'd planned on, doesn't dare stiff another eBay seller by backing out of the deal, and the only way he can save face in his own twisted little world is to slam the seller through negative feedback. :lol:

But that's not really what matters. There will be other tractors. What matters to me is how I really appreciate the concern and support I got from you guys, which I can't really put into words. Let's just say - you're the greatest! :lol:

Newbies - take note - what makes this place the quality forum it is, is the people you meet here! :banghead:

Duff :thumbs:

JimD
And heres the best part. Ontoyou (buyer) left negative feedback for the 312-A :banghead: .

HorseFixer

Sounds like this turned out to be a blessing in disguise! Duff ya had an angel on yer shoulder :banghead:

Duke

T-Mo

I have heard some stories on the buyer, but I haven't heard of the seller. But I just checked his feedback score and also the topic auction. I find this Q&A session ironic:

Q: would you sell this outright for cash?? How much?? Thanks Oct-21-08

A: I'll accept your cash if you win the auction but I'm not going to compromise my reputation with Ebay and damage my 100% positive feedback by selling to you "on the side."

Hmm, he didn't want to damage his 100% positive feedback? :USA: He has a score of 137 with a 83% feedback. And according to his feedback record, only 1 negative in the last 12 months, which is from this auction. So this Q&A session seems out of place as he probably had about 84-85% positive feedback when this question was asked. :banghead:

JimD

I have heard some stories on the buyer, but I haven't heard of the seller. But I just checked his feedback score and also the topic auction. I find this Q&A session ironic:

Q: would you sell this outright for cash?? How much?? Thanks Oct-21-08

A: I'll accept your cash if you win the auction but I'm not going to compromise my reputation with Ebay and damage my 100% positive feedback by selling to you "on the side."

Hmm, he didn't want to damage his 100% positive feedback? :thumbs: He has a score of 137 with a 83% feedback. And according to his feedback record, only 1 negative in the last 12 months, which is from this auction. So this Q&A session seems out of place as he probably had about 84-85% positive feedback when this question was asked. :banghead:

those two must have been lawyers at one time. could make a movie...

SHIESTER VS. SCHIESTER

:USA: :omg:

jerrell

:banghead: these type of people really chap my lips!!! go to quite a bit of farm auctions around here and i go early and see prople standing around their items disccussing how to make the bid go higher, heard this one time, " i'll drive your price up if you will drive mine up" it pays to go early and pay attention....

Sparky

And its back on E-Bay guys. Without the deck this time. Someone needs to ask how many hours are on it since he claims that the original seller lied about it only having 700 hours. I cant ask since I have had words with ONTOYOU before but I would love to hear his answer.

Mike..........

http://cgi.ebay.com/Wheel-horse-wheelhorse...A1%7C240%3A1318

WH854

Hey Sparky I sent him a message.How many hours,He said(quote around 830 )

Butch

If you notice the bad feedback was removed from the buyer. I

don't know how they did that because normally the feedback would still

be there and there would be a remark about the feedback being

changed and mutually agreed on. It does appear to be in pretty decent

shape.

Butch