cod

snowthrower chute left right adjustment

cod

I've got a 37" inch snow thrower and I'd like to adjust the cable so I can rotate the chute more to the left.  Can this be done without completely removing the cable from the handle?  I do not have any extra cable protuding from the screw clamps that hold the cable ends and the manual I downloaded ( that matches the model number ) has more detail about bearings and driveshafts for 37 and 42 inch models.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if there's already a thread here about chute adjustments, please point it out and I'll read it.

Thanks in advance - Cod

Ed Kennell

I think you will need to remove the cable wire to make any adjustments. If you increase the rotation to the left, you will probably lose that same amount of right rotation unless you get a longer cable. 

It is not very difficult to make changes to chute position. 

Turn it to max left, disconnect the cable on the left side and unwind it from the shaft.

Slide the cable thru the shaft hole until you have the left rotation you want.

Then rewind the cable on the shaft and  reconnect it to the left side. 

Check the right rotation limit.  It should be less by the same amount you increased the left rotation.

Oh, BTW, WELCOME to the   :rs:

cod

Thanks Ed!  Just finished adjusting it and I did remove one side of the cable to do it.  I also went back through the Manuals Section and found one that has all the details about putting the snow thrower together and it had an excellent diagram of how to install the cable.

Unfortunatley ( or fortunately ) there hasn't been much snow to move this winter and I haven't been able to use the beast all that much.  I was looking forward to running it hard this year as I replaced all of the drive shaft components over the summer, repainted both the auger and shroud around it, and put a heavy coat of wax on everything that helps move snow.  A couple of weeks ago I had a chance to run it and what a difference over last year.

Oh well, there's plenty of winter left to go and if we don't get more snow, I really can't complain... ;-)

Take it easy - Cod

Ed Kennell

I'm playing the same waiting game Cod.

The 520H snow machine I built last year needs a good 10" snow to play in.

post-7208-0-02961300-1421847384_thumb.jp

Looks like another 2-4" may fall today. I could use the plow to wind row it , then use the blower.