1978c81

wheel dolly ?

1978c81

Hello. Just wondering if anyone uses wheel dollies for their tractors and which ones they use. I have one tractor that I hardly use but tend to move it alot. Thank you.

64s

I don't use wheel dollies, but I built an 'under carriage' dolly so the wheels hang free, and I can put the tractors tight against the wall.  Its not a good method for regularly used equipment, but really packs them tight.

squonk

I have a couple of car wheel dollies that work great. They also come in handy when installing /removing filled tires. No lifting!  :)

IMG_0546_zpsfb8bb071.jpg

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

I bought a pair of HF 1500 lb. car dollies using a discount coupon when I bought my UFT Mountaineer that had flat tires. They came in handy when I recently needed to move my 312A with the Eaton 700 as well. That way I didn't need to install the battery to run it.

The 1000 lb. version are cheaper but have support rods on the ends. Some of the negative reviews involve how they don't roll very well. Just make sure that you lube them before assembling them as the grease is poor. I also drilled holes in the plastic wheel hubs to squirt grease in. They roll very freely now.

Edited by shallowwatersailor
  • Like 1

formariz

I don't use wheel dollies, but I built an 'under carriage' dolly so the wheels hang free, and I can put the tractors tight against the wall.  Its not a good method for regularly used equipment, but really packs them tight.

I was thinking of doing just that also. Can you show a phot of your setup? My main concern with it is how easy it will be to get it under the tractor with just one person and with out using a jack or something similar.

varosd

I'm cheap frugal!

I went with Habor Fright dollies for the B-80 and now the Work Horse.  again, lube them up before use.

Casters_zpse05b2746.jpeg

• Like 4

Digger 66

I fabbed up a couple pieces of steel to hold my sled in the summer months . makes it easier to work on too .

Got the dolly for the right price ( free ) & just had to re do the decking out of some old pallets .

Surely a couple 2x10's laid crosswise would catch the wheels & allow you to roll it around easily .

Doos003.jpg

KC9KAS

I'm cheap frugal!

I went with Habor Fright dollies for the B-80 and now the Work Horse.  again, lube them up before use.

Casters_zpse05b2746.jpeg

I have the same dollies and they work very well.

Fun Engineer

I'm cheap frugal!

I went with Habor Fright dollies for the B-80 and now the Work Horse. again, lube them up before use.

Casters_zpse05b2746.jpeg

I'm just as frugal and maybe a tightwad. I use the same HF dollies.

Sent from my tractor seat.

64s

Hopefully you can see with these pictures. The only one I have in the basement is wedged in. Like I said, this process is not for everyday use, but I slid the dolly under the tractor. Then jack up the front ans slide cribbing under the frame, then jack up the rear and slide in more cribbing. Only takes a few minutes and can be done by one person this way, but I did it mostly to be able to roll a tractor fully against a wall with both tires touching the wall.

post-29-0-78407700-1421201836_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-69108900-1421201888_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-94131500-1421201912_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-51285600-1421201940_thumb.jpg

post-29-0-83669200-1421201966_thumb.jpg

1978c81

Awesome info thanks everyone

Geno

The regular large HF dollies do very well also.   :)

post-13404-0-61321200-1421343922_thumb.j

post-13404-0-31212300-1421343939_thumb.j

• Like 1

Tankman

I have a couple of car wheel dollies that work great. They also come in handy when installing /removing filled tires. No lifting!  :)

Been toying with the idea of dollies. Now, I'm goin' to get a pair just 'cause.

Another helpful upgrade, lug nuts rather than bolts. 1-1/2" long 7/16-20 thread with open end lug nuts.

Installed from back of the hub. Makes mounting tires a breeze.  :greetings-waveyellow:

Bolts from hardware, Home Cheapo or Lowes. Acorn nuts from your auto parts store. 

Put a little Threadlocker Blue on the threads that'll live in the hubs.

Edited by Tankman