Sign in to follow this  
Retired Wrencher

flue pump

Retired Wrencher

this a 1977 B-80 it was running a week ago.there was a leak from the inlet side of the  fuel pump  so I loosened the pump so I could screw in the fitting now I get no fuel to carb  I know it is to ride on the cam but where?? I tried it a couple times but it does not pump fuel. any info on this or a pick showing it makes contact with the cam would be helpful. I see the wear marks underneath but none on cam. is it to on top of stroke where the cam is at the heist?? thanks Gary.

Martin

Gary, are you sure all air is out of it? it wont pump any gas with air in the pump or line before. pressurize the line before by putting a plunger over the tank filler or doing it the old fashioned way by blowing in there with your mouth to force gas (and any air) through to the pump. if the pump is ok it will start working as soon as you get that air out of there.....

Retired Wrencher

Gary, are you sure all air is out of it? it wont pump any gas with air in the pump or line before. pressurize the line before by putting a plunger over the tank filler or doing it the old fashioned way by blowing in there with your mouth to force gas (and any air) through to the pump. if the pump is ok it will start working as soon as you get that air out of there.....

not following u  Martin = pressurizing so when I loosen it up the pump I lost pressure?? When I pump on the arm I feel a slit wind. I hear it working. 

Martin

You didn't loose pressure, you let air into the line and/or pump. You need to force the air out of the line and/or pump and by using pressure at the tank is the way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retired Wrencher

You didn't loose pressure, you let air into the line and/or pump. You need to force the air out of the line and/or pump and by using pressure at the tank is the way to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so your saying blow into tank??

buckrancher

are you on the top of the cam?

Retired Wrencher

are you on the top of the cam?

thanks Guys I am going to try tomorrow. will let u know.