flstf2

wheel horse raider 8

Retired Wrencher

According to the paper work that I have...the Raider 8 was only made in 1972.  Model # 1-0330...Kohler 8 hsp engine #  K181S-30461D...8 speed Wheel Horse transmission # 5086. (4 pinion differential with 1" axles).  :)

Welcome to Red Square   :)

With the 10 hsp Kohler in it, you might as well call it a 1972 Raider 10...model # 1-0301...the trans is the same.  Here is a picture of my 1972 Raider 10...

2008_071910raider19720007.jpg

2008_071910raider19720008.jpg

Steve neat pluming on muffler. Nice tractor. Gary   B..

• Like 1

stevasaurus

flstf2...I've got a feeling that not too many people really know what other parts would fit.  Depending on the part/s you are looking for, (and I am sticking my neck out here) I would think parts from 1968 to 1972 Raiders, Chargers, maybe Commandos might work.  It might get you more replies if you ask for which parts you are looking.  It will take some looking on your part, but if you pull up manuals for those horses and check part numbers...if they are the same number...the part fits.  :)

flstf2

stevasaurus, thanks for the reply im looking for a hood and a rear fender being the motor is not good for a pto im going to try and find a plow and use it to just plow also i noticed the high low lever has alot of play like 2" worth goes into high and low just very sloppy any ideas as to what migh be wrong??

stevasaurus

Your hood and fenders looked OK...what is bad with them??  Pictures would be nice here..  You are in NY...you may want to try to come to the Big Show in Penn the weekend after Father's Day in June...many parts there and lot's of us there to help...engines also.  As far as your slack between the hi/low shifter...right now...I would say...do not shift into low...you do not need it.  Seriously, you only would go there...maybe with a snow blower, or maybe with a board plow turning dirt.  Fixing what might be wrong there is the least of your problems...and may be not a whole lot going on.  The slack maybe normal???  I don't know at this point.  Anyway...go to this show...it is all Wheel Horse...bring your horse. and the members will be there to help you with what you have going on.  You will not be disappointed.  :)  There are plenty of pictures of the Big Show here to look at...the trick is to know what you are looking for,  Most of us will help you find what you need.  :)