Sign in to follow this  
bell

So, I responded to a Craigslist ad...

bell

I responded to a CL ad... there were 2 round hoods... The guy had no idea what models. He said that one of them had a Kohler engine, so I struck a deal.

I drove 2.5 hours to get there and figured I'd ask about a package deal on the round hoods AND a pair of Lawn Rangers... (I have been wanting one since I saw Mike's (sorekiwi). A few minutes later, we were loading them in my Chevy Avalanche! I forgot to take a pic of them in the Av, but I assure you they ALL fit! I opened the midgate (back of the cab) and the 2 LR's were riding with their back tires on the tailgate. :USA:

Here they are!

HAUL001.jpg

HAUL002.jpg

A 633...

HAUL003.jpg

A 1962 Lawn Ranger? :banghead: The serial # is 62-25477

HAUL004.jpg

A 1965 L-105 Lawn Ranger

HAUL005.jpg

And... what's left of a 1966 L-156 Lawn Ranger

HAUL006.jpg

Raider12

There is "GOLD" in them there hills after all! Good score! :banghead: Looks loke you hit pay dirt to me. :banana:

Denver

bell

Go figure, 3 out of the 4 are missing the belt guards... :banghead:

But, I am VERY glad to have them... :USA:

saguaro

:omg: I saw the ranger. What is that white thing in the hood? :banghead: Let me know if you want to sell a fender. :thumbs:

Have fun. I was trying to figure out a way to scrape up funs and get it in the cavalier. :USA:

sorekiwi

Those big rear tires sure look funny on the '62 Ranger....

Good score Jon, I feel jealous until I remember I dont have room for any more!

bell

Those big rear tires sure look funny on the '62 Ranger....

Good score Jon, I feel jealous until I remember I dont have room for any more!

It was all I had... lol

I wanted to make it a roller so it would be easier to move... :USA:

I'm not even sure if it is a Lawn Ranger? Does anybody know?

I'm at maximum capacity right now... I think I'm done buying for awhile. It's time to start fixing them. :banghead:

perry

your herd is growing fast. i see the horse's kicked the off roaders out of the garage ? :banghead:

bell

Here is the garage right now...

HAUL.jpg

There is a 1045 (in pieces) in one corner and a 401 (in pieces) in the other corner... then, there is the "parts rangers" in the WH junkyard (behind the garage)..... And 2 others under the wife's carport. :banghead:

Should have enough to keep me busy for a WHILE! :USA:

bell

:omg: I saw the ranger. What is that white thing in the hood? :banghead: Let me know if you want to sell a fender. :thumbs:

Have fun. I was trying to figure out a way to scrape up funs and get it in the cavalier. :USA:

That is actually aluminum.... Someone carefully mounted it over the "rib" down the middle of the hood... It has a piece of channel on it so it didn't crush the "rib"!!! Whoever did this, THANK YOU!

I would probably sell a fender... :lol:

T-Mo

Jon,

In the short time you've been here on RS and in this hobby, you have quite a herd. I'm impressed, and maybe just a little jealous, of how fast you jumped in this and how fast your herd's grown. :banghead:

bell

your herd is growing fast. i see the horse's kicked the off roaders out of the garage ? :banghead:

It was time for a new hobby.... Now, if I could sell my Tracker.... I'd buy a enclosed trailer and a couple more horses... lol :USA:

bell

I don't mean to make anybody jealous....

I just LOVE these things! (except the techumseh ones :USA: )

This is a great group of people and I'm proud to be part of it! :banghead:

Soo, when is the big show in June? I have a lot of sanding/ painting/ rebuilding to do.... :omg:

Brian1045

There is a 1045 (in pieces) in one corner
:thumbs::banghead::USA::omg:

Just kidding.. :lol: Nice score Jon!

bell

:thumbs::banghead::USA::omg:

Just kidding.. :lol: Nice score Jon!

I need to get it back together... I now have ALL of the parts I need for it. I just need to quit buying more and finish it. It is/ was the best running one out of all of them, so it should be a pretty easy resto...

KyBlue

I am definatly envious of your collection. I think like alot of things, Location has alot to do with collecting these!

tasmi01

Nice score they all seem to be in pretty good shape and that's quite the herd you have :banghead::USA: :omg:

sorekiwi

I'm not even sure if it is a Lawn Ranger? Does anybody know?

Yep its a ranger - at that point in time they shared a lot of the bits with the 502/702, but the giveaways are the non pivoting tow hitch, the fenders/toolbox, and the stubby footrest peg on the right hand side. The front spindles are shorter to match the little wheels too.

Yours doesnt look like it ever had a battery box behind the motor, must've been a recoil start.

We'll see how good a fabricator you are when you put all the "slats" back in the grill on that one!

Raider12

I am definatly envious of your collection. I think like alot of things, Location has alot to do with collecting these!

I have to agree with "Location" having to play a part. Or at least it seems like it. Nearly every deal I would love to jump on is either in the far east part of PA ot over in Indiana. I can seem to run into a deal like this some what close to home.

But you sure do have a garage full, "SWEET" :banghead:

bell

Thanks fellas.... I guess location is a big part of it.... But, it takes a LOT of footwork too. I spend a lot of time on the calssifieds and a LOT of time at the local swap meet... Here are some pointers if y'all didn't know...

1. have $ on hand and be ready to go

2. If it's cheap, don't be afraid to take a chance. Tell the seller that you'll take it sight unseen... and go get it as soon as you can. If it turns out to be a "pile", surely you can use it for parts and/ or part it out and make a little $ for the next one...

3. Use this... www.craigshelper.com You can search ALL CL ads in any state or groups of states... It is a REALLY great tool. :banghead:

4. (I learned this one yesterday :omg: ) BRING THE TRAILER.... because you never know what else you're gonna find when you get there!!! :thumbs:

5. As for the local "swap meet" "flea market", Get there EARLY. The one near me is every other weekend on Sunday. I get there about 4:30 am.... Bring a flashlight. I have found myself waiting for them to wake up for an hour or 2... but I took home the Horse!!!

Mike, I was looking at the '62 last night and remembered the stubby footrest peg.... Sadly, I think this one is too far gone. Although, I think it would be neat to put a crusty looking, good running engine on it and leave it "as-is" It's got a little character... :USA:

eibbed

Hey Jon,

Great find! If you are interested, I have a RH and LH panel for a Lawn Ranger.

Dave

84 400

Great score you reeled in.

If you do decide to part the 62 out I would be interested in the manual deck lift set up (handle, lock ect..)

bell

Great score you reeled in.

If you do decide to part the 62 out I would be interested in the manual deck lift set up (handle, lock ect..)

The '62 is gone.... I do have a Attachment handle lift setup that I would sell though. Send me a message. Thanks, Jon

HorseFixer

Bell yer a freaking wheel horse MAGNET! :hide:

bell

Bell yer a freaking wheel horse MAGNET! :hide:

My wife says that I have a "magnetic" personality.... That must be what she is referring to....

:D