Sign in to follow this  
mailman

Replacing headlights.

mailman

I was looking into replacing the headlights on my c-series. It looks as though they are attached by rivets. Do they need to be drilled out and then screwed back? I don't have a rivet gun. Is that what you guys do?

MaineDad

You should be able to remove the screws on the front plastic plate to get at the lights. The rivots are to hold the light assembly not the actual lights.

kj4kicks

Hi Eric, the bulbs are just standard 1156's, the same as the reverse lights in older cars. Just push down and give a half twist to remove them. (After you unscrew the lense lol)

mailman

I guess I should have been more clear. The headlight assembly itself is what I want to replace. I removed the "bezel" and the bulbs. The headlight assembly itself is held on by two rivets.

kj4kicks

Hi Eric, Yes, you'll have to drill out the rivets. Why do you need to change it? As long as it isn't to rusty, the sockets can be repaired. The wiring and terminals are available at most major parts stores. It's an easy fix. Cut the wires, push them and the seperator disc up through the socket, and install the new stuff.

tasmi01

I agree you don't have to drill out the rivets unless the sockets are bad. I had to just pull the wires through on the electro 12 and clean the socket with steel wool and I actually made my own wire set by using trailer wire and large aluminum rivet heads the seperator I made from some old rubber tubing I had laying around and they seem to work great. :banghead:

Duff

Hi, Eric,

Did you see this on eBay? Item #190261676932.

Duff :banghead: