Sign in to follow this  
BairleaFarm

did I get the wrong filter

BairleaFarm

I had enough spare time this afternoon to make it to a toro dealer near work. I hadnt planned on going so I didnt have the model numbers for the tractors. I needed the hydro filters to replace the ones I busted this weekend. The woman behind the counter was possibly clueless. parts tree says I need filter number 79-5270. The filter on my b100 was black and said toro - wheel horse on it. but i didnt havet he p/n with me. I described the filter the best I could and she brought me a white filter that says toro wheel horse lawnboy on the side (p/n 67-8110) other than color and a protrusion at the filters end it looks to be the correct filter. Is this the correct filter?

Thanks

David

T-Mo

David,

Which tractor are you needing the filter for? The one the lady gave you is for the proline series of the mid-90s. The filter you claim was on your B-100, the 79-5270, is also incorrect for both the B-100 and the C-160. It's for the Eatons on the 300/400/500 and the newer 5xi series. Go to the links section here and go to Parts Supplier Heading and then to Parts Tree or Milaca Lawn, both excellent sites for finding the correct part.

Under edit:

It does appear the 79-5270 is the correct filter after all. It replaces the 102819 filter. :banghead:

glenn27

The black # 5270 should have been the correct filter.

BairleaFarm

David,

Which tractor are you needing the filter for?

The B100 and the C160 I wonder if the wrong filter could be some of my hydro issues with the c160? I guess Ill be returning it and getting the correct one.

T-Mo

David,

See my edit on my post above. The 79-5270 filter should work on both your tractors. Sorry for the mis-information. :banghead:

BairleaFarm

No prob Terry. Well no one has them in my area (at least no place way out of my way) I bought a Napa brand to get me out of the garden and int he garage. Looks like ill be going online to buy them.