Geno

2 Stage blower fitment

Geno

I got a few more blowers + plows last Saturday and am wondering what the 2 stage will fit.  The manual doesn't say and the pics in the manual show it being hooked to a 520 swept axle.  Is this the only tractor it will fit?  It is a 7900537, 1997 model.  Any help would be appreciated.   :)   

post-13404-0-47375800-1419860307_thumb.j

Desko

No i believe it will fit all the other tractors with the tach a matic system bet its advised to use the 20 hp onan

• Like 1

MalMac

Desko is right, but it takes HP to make it work right. It was made for the 20HP. It's best to have it on a hydro lift unless you want to work out your left arm lifting that monstrosity.

• Like 1

Forest Road

It'll fit anything with attatchamatic. I run mine on a 314H. She struggles with the blower. It's more suited to larger HP tractors.

Does that thing have ANY scratches on it?

Edited by Forest Road
  • Like 1

Geno

Thanks guys, he said it was used once since new, it has a few scratches behind the auger.  :)

baerpath

It will fit back to a Raider if it has quick attach.  Will fit on black hoods but when lifted the shoot hits the hood.   A good Kohler 14hp is all I use I've had them on a 520 and wasn't impressed with the little difference in performance.

• Like 2

Forest Road

It will fit back to a Raider if it has quick attach. Will fit on black hoods but when lifted the shoot hits the hood. A good Kohler 14hp is all I use I've had them on a 520 and wasn't impressed with the little difference in performance.

Just a 14? Maybe I need a valve adjusting @ 225 hours. It works hard! Tried it on a 520 once. Was very impressed. I have a k-341 fresh out of machining going on in the spring. Hopeful it does a better job with the blower. Still no fan of Onans!

• Like 1

cheesegrader

The stabilizer bracket and lift-assist spring make it much less of a chore to lift.

They also help with steering control and weight distribution.

I ran mine on a 520 without them, but it has been a HUGE improvement with them added.

(Funny how things work better when you read the manual and attach ALL the parts.)

Unfortunately, they are usually the first pieces to be lost!

In big drifts, or heavy wet snow, the 2-stage will cause even 20-23 HP machines to bog down.

I can't imagine running that monster on the front of a 300 series.

• Like 1

Geno

That must be what some of this stuff is.  I've yet to have time to look at the manual but I did get it downloaded...  :)

post-13404-0-73362000-1419902023_thumb.j

cheesegrader

The angle iron piece with the round bushing at the end is the stabilizer.

Mounts to the right front tractor frame, and stops the thrower from swaying side to side.  There should be a shroud that attaches, and covers the belt up to the PTO.

The larger 1.5"dia spring is lift assist for the housing.  Goes vertically on the right side between a nipple on the frame and a nipple on the box steel mount arm.

The short bar with the single bend is the support for the chute rotation handle, goes on a post on the left box steel mount arm.

The longer, thinner bar with two bends is the lift arm.

The assembly with the curved steel arm is PART of the front lift mechanism that attaches to the front tach-a-matic.

Small spring is a mystery, might be the tension spring for the pulleys.

• Like 1

Geno

Thanks Cheese.  I have a little shroud with 4 holes in it.   Now I know who to call if I run into problems.   :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by Geno

cheesegrader

If you slam it into a snowdrift and lose some of those parts, call me.

Searching for lost tractor parts in the snow is my FAVORITE thing in the whole world!

• Like 3

Forest Road

It's fine on my 314H. I'm running single rib tires. Makes a huge difference steering. Im sure id appreciate the 520 steering. My biggest issue is snow banks. That's why I bought it. The

Vacation home gets plowed. I move the snow banks, 6' high and then some, when I'm up. As opposed to paying a several hundred dollars for Mr Plow to bring in a back hoe one or two times a season. It powers through them but OUCH!

The single stage really took a beating in those huge snow banks. For typical snow storms I'd prefer the single stage.

• Like 1

stevebo

I just mounted mine up on the 89' 520 without swept forward axle. I need to add some weight to the rear of the tractor to offset the weight of the blower.

• Like 1

Red-Bovine

The small spring is connected to the lift rod and to the tractor underneath near the connection to the lift cylinder. We have that blower on our 520H (now Honda powered) and it is an awesome blower. Can really throw the snow a long way.

There are two rectagular taps that fit on the spring mounts for the lift assist spring. They, and the cotter pins, help keep the spring on.

Red

Edited by Red-Bovine
  • Like 1

bmsgaffer

Geno, how many times a decade do you think you'll get to really use that thing? :laughing-rolling:

I'm farther north of you and I think I would have only had a use for a two stage two times in the last ten years. I think they work best when you can fill up the auger and that just doesn't happen much around here.

However you will get bonus points for having the biggest snow blower for miles around!

I do have my single stage tall chute sitting in the wings just waiting for that late season 8-10" I really hope we get! I don't mind the warm but I have been itching to get some winter seat time. (And I cant wait to roll up to my neighbors clearing their drives with 12" walk behind blowers with my 42" tractor mounted blower... :hide: )

• Like 1

cheesegrader

Yeah, Geno!

That is too nice to sit in a garage.

It would be happier here in the U.P., 

where every year the eastern half of Lake Superior turns to snow and gets dumped on my drive!

• Like 2

ericj

actually the 2 stage you don't have to load up like a single stage blower. my experience with my 2 stage blower it will blow as little as 2 or 3 inches, but it gets to point where it might be just as easy to plow it off.

eric j 

• Like 2

KyBlue

actually the 2 stage you don't have to load up like a single stage blower. my experience with my 2 stage blower it will blow as little as 2 or 3 inches, but it gets to point where it might be just as easy to plow it off.

eric j 

Eric I don't think You're helping their cause of getting Geno to give up the 2Stage lol

• Like 1

ericj

:banghead:  :text-imsorry:  :laughing-rolling:

eric j

• Like 1

Geno

eric j 

I think Eric is actually right, thanks Eric.  :handgestures-thumbsup:   From everything I've read the 2 stage works better than the single in less snow.  Anyone experienced this?

• Like 1

ericj

i like my 2 stage blower so much that if i were to move to Florida i would take it with me just in case it snow there   :laughing-rofl: 

eric j 

• Like 2

KyBlue

If nothing else you could use it to shoot oranges! or what would be left of em!

• Like 3