fasttruck9

Manual Lift Stop Adjustment Knob

fasttruck9

Hello,

I am new to this forum and I love it! So much great information. 

I have a 1987 WH 414 and am wondering where I could buy a manual lift stop adjustment knob, or does anyone know the thread size of the knob?

Thanking you in advance.

Wayne 

KC9KAS

:WRS:  :wwp:

Look at the bottom of the main page and you will see the vendors section. Check Glen Pettit's web site. I don't remember if he makes these or not.

I just checked....He does have these. Glen has a lot of items and they are very good quality parts.

Edited by KC9KAS

fasttruck9

Thanks for the quick response KC9KAS! It looks like he has it and will buy it.

Thanks again, 

Wayne

Racinbob

:text-welcomewave::text-yeahthat: Glen will fix you right up Wayne. :handgestures-thumbsup:

rmaynard

Make sure that what you need has a 3/8" thread. Glens are 3/8". Most that I have seen are 7/16" and I think your 414 is 7/16"

• Like 1

fasttruck9

Thanks Maynard and Racinbob,

I contacted Glenn and told him I bought one from flea-bay awhile ago and it was the wrong thread and asked to make sure it will fit, waiting for a reply. So I pretty sure you are right Maynard it probably is a 7/16". I'll try to size it myself.

Thanks again,

Wayne

Geno

Hello Wayne and :WRS:

I have an 87 414 that's been in the family since new, mine is a 7/16 thread.   :)

Racinbob

Good catch Bob. I never even thought about that. Wayne, I'd bet your 414 has a 7/16". I just checked mine.

Edited by Racinbob

GlenPettit

Update:  I am in the process of making some larger bore;  7/16" thread Lift Adjustment Knobs .  They will be done and available later this month.  Hope to keep the price down at $10-12, not sure until I start casting.  That 7/16" size is getting hard to find in knobs & inserts.

Anyone that may have purchased a 3/8" Knob from me in the past that is too small, I'll be very glad to exchange it even-up, bring it with you to one of the shows I'm at this year (or send it back and I'll include the larger one with your next order).

Mentone, IN  . . . April 25

Arndtsville, PA .  June 19 & 20

Portland, IN . .. . August

Leesburg, IN . . . October 3

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Like 2

Tankman

My '85 416-8 has a 7/16" thread, just tried a 3/8" nut on the adjust. No go.

Before I purchased the knob, didn't know Glen made them, went to partstree.com. Not listed or N/A on the tree's 400 listing. Hang on, later this month Glen'll have 7/16" threaded adjustment knobs.  :)

7/16" thread on my '90 520-8; line item #40.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=41-20O801%2C+520-8+Garden+Tractor%2C+1990&dn=810689R1-89R10022-00011

Edited by Tankman

buckrancher

you should be able to get the correct one from McMaster-Carr

rmaynard

Last time I checked, McMaster's through knobs went from 3/8" to 1/2". They don't have 7/16".